Hoping to resurrect friends dead mod (The Strikers/Restoration Movement)

ApolloFoxmask

Back in ye olden days of 2019 I searched FNV mods by file size just out of curiosity when I came upon a mod by the name of “The Strikers (Restoration Movement)”.

According to the mod page, the premise of the mod is:

“Build, develop, and expand your control across the Mojave one "resettled" (or conquered) village at a time!  Introduces your own faction to the Wasteland.  Start a base, build it up, collect resources, rescue captives and survivors and welcome them as new citizens to your settlements.  Develop industry, start trade & supply caravans, build guard posts and other smaller defensive fortifications to secure your territory and insure safety for your citizens.

Build mines, farms, ranches and gather resources such as gold, silver, metal, lead, sulfur, saltpeter, charcoal, uranium; use hemp to make hemcrete, lumber and other commodities.

Begin you adventures with the conquest of Searchlight Airport and the surrounding area.  Turn the Airport into a working base from which to begin conquering the Mojave bit by bit.  You also train/post guards, build a military and arm them (you can change/equip soldiers with whatever you want).  Develop industry to add new materials and finished goods.

A number of weapons and tactical gear and features such as crafting from Base Storage or Personal Inventory; mining for uranium and other metals/resources, recycling of junk, etc into usable resources. 

When I started to play the mod proper I had what is known in scientific terms as a “rip snortin good time” building up searchlight gathering odds and ends. It’s almost like hearthfire but more like your trying to build up a faction.

However production of the mod stopped at version 4.0 so far you can build up searchlight into a working settlement, annex cottonwood cove and turn it into a settlement, and steal some kind of transmitter from Black Mountain and set up your own radio station using the conelrad mod.

Worst of all it seems Keiran (or the mad statist) has deleted their account.

I really loved the concept of the mod, especially if it’s worked into my all time favorite mod: Dust Survival Simulator.

I considered picking up where Keiran left off but apparently they used assets used with others permission, so that a buttload of red tape.

Then I started thinking long and hard about how I would go about making a spiritual successor to this mod. The problem is I haven’t animated or modeled since high school, have no coding experience, just learning to use the GECK from some kids tutorial, but on the plus side I’m told I’m a master writer and voice actor and I think I know a little of how GECK works.

I have debated myself wether to ask for a hand considering the aforementioned skillset but I figured the worst that could happen is everyone says no but maybe a few offer advice.

If anyone wants to help me with this “project” let me know. I would appreciate it. It would be nice if I could rebuild the Mojave in dust while fighting NCR and Enclave.