My game wont start after downloading a mod

scionix90

New to this so dont know if this is the right forum but after i downloaded a few mods for dragons dogma 2 my game will no longer launch. Ive uninstalled the game, im pretty sure ive uninstalled all the mods, but everytime i try to launch the game the "REFramework" mod still pops up.. Im really stuck on this and could really use any help. Thanks!

3 hours ago, scionix90 said:

no help....yesss lol

It's like that sometimes. 

I'm speaking from a general view here and not from experience with Dragon's Dogma 2 but if you've reinstalled the game free of mods and REFramework is still there, you probably didn't remove it completely. It sounds like it's still installed. Maybe you just have to feed it mods like what @praydog2 suggests on Dragon's Dogma 2's page for installing plugins within REFramework.

• Scripts can be installed in the "reframework/autorun" folder.
  • Plugins can be installed in the "reframework/plugins" folder. Loose DLL files with no REF functionality can be loaded in here too.
  • If REFramework cannot access the current game directory for any reason, all of its files will then be used from "%APPDATA%/REFramework" instead. Scripts and plugins will need to be placed in there instead.

If that doesn't work, the uploader gives uninstall directions as well. 

• To uninstall REFramework temporarily, simply remove the dinput8.dll file from your game directory.
  • To completely remove it along with ALL mods, you will need to delete the reframework folder, re2_fw_config.txt, re2_framework_log.txt, and reframework_crash.dmp as well (if it exists).

Then you get to install REFramework and the other mods again, hopefully not making the same mistakes as before because something may have went wrong the first time around with the install/s. It would help if you had clarified what you were seeing prior to the uninstallation of the game, like crash logs, mod lists, that sort of thing. You probably panicked though. I get it. For the future, reach out before you choose the scorched earth approach.

Speaking of the future, you can try posting over in Dragon's Dogma 2's community. With you, after clicking the Join Community button (top right), the community will have 63 members. Not a whole lot in attendance, sure, and there is only a Discussions and Mod Ideas section, but you never know. You weren't wrong to post here for Mod Troubleshooting though.

You can also post over in the mod's respective comment section, if you haven't already. Myself, I like posting here for some issues because Morrowind's community isn't very large either (92 members) and seems desolate at times. I do usually try there first though if it's general to the game --like scripting help or assistance with the CS-- but for mods, most times the best support comes from the mod's respective comment section. And with 1131 posts on Dragon's Dogma 2's page, the last one posted Sept. 2nd, it's alive and active.

Maybe praydog2 will see the aforementioned mention and come over here to help you out.

Cheers and good luck.

Edited by UsernameWithA9
Afterthoughts