Baldur's Gate 3, Patch 7.

Michlo

Greetings,

So, patch 7 brought its own mod manager, mod toolkit and "in-house" mods.

I'm confused about the new mod manager introduced in patch 7. Does this mean we should no longer be using Vortex?  Will continuing to use Vortex cause issues? I'm sure many of you are also trying to figure this out.

I can't continue my game or start a new one currently. It is highly likely that this is because not all of the mods I use have been updated yet.

What is concerning, though, is that when I look in the new built-in mod manager, mods become unchecked even after I've checked them. I'm also faced with "unresolved mod issues detected" but with no option to do anything.  Then, there is a list of the same ones with "disable mod" as the option.  These are the mods that WERE updated for Patch 7!  I tried doing as it asked and disabled those, but I was still unable to continue.  How does it even have two versions?  I certainly don't have that in Vortex.  I assume it is linked to their built-in manager because when I browse that, I see some of mine saying "installed", whilst others do not.  So, is there a confusion between the two managers causing this?

Could anyone share their experiences or advice?  Have you been able to continue your game?  I've seen some comments on the mods I use, suggesting that some have managed to do so. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Ian.

Mod unchecked by the game.png

Mod issues.png

Mod issues.png

FWIW, in Skyrim, you do NOT use both Vortex and the Beth mod managers.  Pick one and stick with it.  Vortex will probably give you more choices of mods, but will (probably) choke when Beth updates stuff again, at least until fixed.

Suggestion - use the 'Game Communities' selection at the top of the page to find the BG3 game forum, join it, and ask there.  They will be more knowledgeable of BG3 quirks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 7531Leonidas said:

FWIW, in Skyrim, you do NOT use both Vortex and the Beth mod managers.  Pick one and stick with it.  Vortex will probably give you more choices of mods, but will (probably) choke when Beth updates stuff again, at least until fixed.

Suggestion - use the 'Game Communities' selection at the top of the page to find the BG3 game forum, join it, and ask there.  They will be more knowledgeable of BG3 quirks.

Thanks, mate.  It has been a while since I posted here, and I didn't notice the specific game forum.

Cheers. 🙂

Same here, it will pick random mods and show "Mods Issues Detected'' when I try to load my save, game will load fine, but I'm not sure if I should continue playing, if issues will arrive later..

I hate that ''third party mods'' bull****