Starfield - Game freezes during weapon swap

binny45

Good Day Folks

First time poster, please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong spot. Mods feel free to move this wherever you think it would be most helpful.

I was wondering if a mod could prevent me from swapping my weapon? I can swap starborn powers, I can use my single use items. But every time I try to equip a new weapon, when I go to escape out, it hangs just before I get back to the action. I tab out, Starfield goes into it's menu mode, I reload the save, and the game will play fine, except that I'm stuck with the same weapon.  I only have about 10 weapons on me, so sorting through them shouldn't take long.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Binny

Okay, so I restarted the game from scratch. Barrett shows up, blah blah blah, I got me an Eon, then picked up a Maelstrom. No problems. I'll try and post when and if it happens again to try and zero in on the problem. I wonder if it is mission related or maybe the new mods for weapons? I'll keep an eye out to try and isolate the problem. For all the modders here, you folks have made this game playable for me. If you have any mods for suggesting increasing performance, I'm all ears. Game still runs fine, but there are times where it just hangs for a second while it loads stuff.