I want to add quest markers to CC’s Wild Horses

2 hours ago, xkkmEl said:

Almost forgot the matter of the script!

Have the setObjectiveDisplayed line called the on OnInit event handler attached in the "quest script tab", like so:

event OnInit()
	if running()
		setObjectiveDisplayed( 0, True)
	endif
endevent

There are other methods... I'm only suggesting this one for its simplicity.

Where do I find the "event handler" in the scripts tab? I don't see it?

I recommend you not touch existing scripts.  Create a new one instead.

In the CK, in the "Gameplay" menu, launch the "Papyrus Script Manager".  After a few seconds, a long list of script filenames will appear.

Right click on any of them, choose "New..."; pick a name for your new script file; write "Quest" in the "Extends" box. Press OK.

Close the "Papyrus Script Manager" window and open it again.  Find your new file and double click on it.

A text editor window will appear.  The CK already generated the header line.  Paste the OnInit() event declaration after that.  Save and close the text editor.

In the "Papyrus Script Manager", right click on your file and pick "Compile" (with your fingers crossed).

Now, finally, go back to your quest, in the "quest script tab", click "Add" and select your new script.

In a clean glass, put two ice cubes and an inch of 15y-old scotch.  Chug it back, add another inch, and repeat.

1 hour ago, xkkmEl said:

I recommend you not touch existing scripts.  Create a new one instead.

In the CK, in the "Gameplay" menu, launch the "Papyrus Script Manager".  After a few seconds, a long list of script filenames will appear.

Right click on any of them, choose "New..."; pick a name for your new script file; write "Quest" in the "Extends" box. Press OK.

Close the "Papyrus Script Manager" window and open it again.  Find your new file and double click on it.

A text editor window will appear.  The CK already generated the header line.  Paste the OnInit() event declaration after that.  Save and close the text editor.

In the "Papyrus Script Manager", right click on your file and pick "Compile" (with your fingers crossed).

Now, finally, go back to your quest, in the "quest script tab", click "Add" and select your new script.

In a clean glass, put two ice cubes and an inch of 15y-old scotch.  Chug it back, add another inch, and repeat.

I have the text editor tab open. In what place am I supposed to paste the OnInit() event, and is there a specific way I'm supposed to type it in?

image.png

In your screen capture, I can see the cursor at the end of the 1st line.  From there, hit return and paste it there starting on the 2nd line of the file.

It needs to be after the header line (starting with "Scriptname"), and with the lines divided as I showed you.  The end of lines are part of the syntax, so make sure you reproduce them as I showed.  You can otherwise pretty much use any technique to cut&paste or retype what I gave.  It's just basic text.

In any case, the worst that can happen is that the compiler will complain.  If that happens just report the complaint and show us what your script file content looks like.  It is likely you have not prepared your game install for compiling; don't be surprise if the compiler does complain.  It'll be a simple matter to fix.

6 minutes ago, xkkmEl said:

In your screen capture, I can see the cursor at the end of the 1st line.  From there, hit return and paste it there starting on the 2nd line of the file.

It needs to be after the header line (starting with "Scriptname"), and with the lines divided as I showed you.  The end of lines are part of the syntax, so make sure you reproduce them as I showed.  You can otherwise pretty much use any technique to cut&paste or retype what I gave.  It's just basic text.

In any case, the worst that can happen is that the compiler will complain.  If that happens just report the complaint and show us what your script file content looks like.  It is likely you have not prepared your game install for compiling; don't be surprise if the compiler does complain.  It'll be a simple matter to fix.

Just tried the 'compile' thing, but it 'failed' to compile them