(Mod Request) Silent Hill 2 (2024) - Adjust/remove rain

SkellayLmao

Not sure if anyone else feels the same, but the rain looks ridiculously bright/out of place to me, and it seems to not react to light properly. I'm interested in digging into this a bit myself but I just don't have the time, so thought I'd put this idea out there.

Not sure if it would be possible to adjust something to make the rain a lot darker/black so it blends into the environment better and is visible more through occluding bright elements in the scene, rather than being the bright part of the scene, but even just removing it would probably look better in some ways.

I'm also wondering if this is caused by the "hero light" around James which illuminates him and surroundings, so maybe removing that would also fix it (and I know many other people are also interested in removing that light already).

SHProto-Win64-Shipping_0Rfj9NxXQ7.jpg

I would love a mod to address this in any way. I especially noticed this during the first Pyramid Head fight in the apartments, where the rain is far too bright compared to the environment (and is equally bright everywhere). Additionally, looking downwards past a certain point causes the rain to disappear. I've seen similar issues in other games such as Ghostwire Tokyo. This issue is made more prominent with DLSS enabled but it is present even without DLSS.