Vilja follower clothing issue.

aarchieee

I love Vilja as a follower but her clothing mechanic is just broken af. The wardrobing and outfit choice system just doesnt work, so i gave up on that. so i added armour to her gear, which she wears fine but the issue i have with viljas clothing is if i send her to bed, while she's the wearing armour ive added to her gear, she puts on a random lingerie set thats in the game,but its not even in her inventory, not even her nightgown, which is. When i wake her up and she gets up the random lingerie disappears and the armour she was wearing either doesnt come back at all and is gone completely, even from her inventory and shes nude or maybe just boots and gloves come back. Any ideas ? 

Bethesda updated Skyrim many times since the Vilja mod was last updated, nearly seven years ago.  And the mod itself was ported from "Oldrim" just about a year before that.  So, in the time between the Vilja mod first came out in late 2012 for 32-bit "Oldrim", the game went through many updates, many things were changed in the game's programming code especially from 32-bit "Oldrim" going to 64-bit Special Edition.  So, unfortunately quite a few features and functions in the Vilja mod just don't work well anymore because they depended on old outdated gaming code, especially the wardrobe functions (except for telling her to not remove her apparel when swimming, thankfully that still works fine because the game stutters and may crash if you go into and out of water a bunch of times quickly when she's following you and you haven't told her to not remove her apparel when swimming).

Edited by SirCadsimar
formatting, fixed redundancy