Fixing exterior lighting with CoT and ELFX?

ArtMurder

So, I am using CoT (level 2 nights) and ELFX, my game looks stunning, with very realistic lights and darkness, BUT, light sources at night in exteriors are not bright AT ALL. I can hold up a torch, and it doesn't even light the ground under my feet. Objects about 3 feet in front of me become SLIGHTLY more visible, but it's barely even worth it, considering hoe INSANELY dark it is at night, this just makes being outside at night impossible. Being in dungeons is perfectly fine, torches light up about a 10 foot radius around me just fine, and can make a room go from pitch black to clearly visible. I have tried tweaking the torch itself to make it as bright as possible, but it's still basically casting no light at night. Does anyone know of a mod that can make exterior lights with CoT not so blotted out without effecting the actually level of darkness? This issue has become so problematic, I'm considering uninstalling CoT just to fix it, because it makes night time travel a physical impossibility... I'd like to point out, it's not just the torches it's all light sources, some, like my campfire set up by Frostfall cast decent amounts of light, but I can still only see in about a 6 foot radius around my campfire, which is considerably less then the light cast by just a torch in interiors...

by the way, ENBs are basically not an option, I have tried over a dozen of them and all of them have dramatic visual glitches that way outweigh any positive effects they give, maybe other people are okay with this, but I am not. I do however use SweetFX, my own slightly tweaked version of ULO, so if there is a way I can fix it with that then that's great.

yeah, I know it's COT's problem, but ELFX seems to make it worse. lol

Someone suggested the mod Realistic Nights to me, and it works some, but it also makes white object like treebark and snow glow in the dark. o__o; It's better then the 'sunglasses' effect of COT though I suppose...

Edited by ArtMurder

I'm not sure your issue is what you think it is; I have a gut feeling there's something else going on to effect light sources like that, but I can say for sure that I would troubleshoot ELFX before COT, as... well, it's Enhanced LIGHTS and FX. I have COT and had for a long time, then installed ELFX and I noticed a change, but all my light sources behave properly, unlike yours.

I'm not sure your issue is what you think it is; I have a gut feeling there's something else going on to effect light sources like that, but I can say for sure that I would troubleshoot ELFX before COT, as... well, it's Enhanced LIGHTS and FX. I have COT and had for a long time, then installed ELFX and I noticed a change, but all my light sources behave properly, unlike yours.

The issue is a known issue of COT's darker night options. Also, COT is indeed a lighting mod as much as a weather mod, it modifies outdoor lights a lot, and ELFX modifies mostly just indoor lights, and I am experiencing this issue only outdoors and not indoors, so it is pretty clear it's COT. ^_^ if you aren't experiencing it, then I would like to know some other mods you are using with it so maybe I can fix it as well, if you are using the darker nights options. If you are not using dark nights, then you are simply not going to experience this issue anyways. XD Also, I have only started using ELFX on my most recent play through, and have always encountered this issue, though as I said, ELFX does seem to make it worse.