Army Of Two Ballistic Mask

Brandon98

AoT Mask  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want one?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

on SinOfApocalypse's suggestion i'm posting here on the forumn to ask anyone who can rig and UV map If they'd be kind enough to rig and UV map my AoT Ballistic Mask.

here:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7469

I don't have much tome anymore for moding and would love to see this become a reality. There are alot of people who want this, The model alone has over 1600 hits in only 5 days and its just a model.

Rigging shouldn't be that big of a deal and would only need to be rigged to the one bone just like the hockey mask.

Any takers?

I'll try my best to check in on this but My work tends to keep me busy, hence why I uploaded it here hoping someone would take it up.

Actually, when you are dealing with a model which doesn't have any significantly deforming parts (like around the neck etc.) I believe you don't always have to skin it - at least my Protect Gear mask wasn't skinned and it works like a charm.

I think all you'd need to do to get this model in-game is replace the NiTriStrip/Shape data of the hockeymask model (ie. in hockeymask.nif), rename the model (to ballisticmask.nif) and it should be ready for the GECK. The mask will *not* conform to the facial structure as that requires an .egm file, and as each .egm only works on its specific mesh you'll need to make a new .egm file for it using the Conformulator if you want it to be compatible with all faces (or you can just make sure the mesh itself looks good on max. wide and max. heavy faces).

so i took the blender file and cleaned it up a bit got the uv map on the main mask to come out well still need to add the uv for the straps. i wanted to test the file before i went any farther and i keep running into a problem with nifskope. it looks fine in blender and nif but once its saved and put in the game i get strange spike bits, anyone know why? i think it might have something to do with the "stich strips" option, i noticed that all the fo3 stock models have 1 strip and not 387 or whatever im ending up with. also the "points" in the stock models are ascending where mine are completely random.

im going to include some pics of the in game spiky model any pointers would be appreciated

thanks

I took a look at the model in Max and it seems like there's some funny business going on up at the right forhead where the vertexes on the inner side of the mask have been welded to vertexes on the outer side of the mask which could have an adverse affect when smoothed in NifSkope, but you could also be correct about the stithed strips. I don't know how Blender exports, but I'd try the "Stitch strips" option in NifSkope and see if that helps before fiddling with the mesh.

If that fails I'd suggest try removing the right side of the mask, mirroring the left side over (as that looked fine), welding them together and then try re-exporting and implementing the mask in NifSkope. After doing this and doing a basic NifSkope port, the mask worked fine without pointy bits for me at least, so it's worth a try if the other approach doesn't work out.

Yes, I'm aware the mask doesn't sit on the face and is turned 90 degrees, but that's just a matter of translation in NifSkope and Update FaceGen Availability in the GECK. :P :)

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/Baelkin/ScreenShot138.jpg

I took a look at the model in Max and it seems like there's some funny business going on up at the right forhead where the vertexes on the inner side of the mask have been welded to vertexes on the outer side of the mask which could have an adverse affect when smoothed in NifSkope, but you could also be correct about the stithed strips. I don't know how Blender exports, but I'd try the "Stitch strips" option in NifSkope and see if that helps before fiddling with the mesh.

If that fails I'd suggest try removing the right side of the mask, mirroring the left side over (as that looked fine), welding them together and then try re-exporting and implementing the mask in NifSkope. After doing this and doing a basic NifSkope port, the mask worked fine without pointy bits for me at least, so it's worth a try if the other approach doesn't work out.

Yes, I'm aware the mask doesn't sit on the face and is turned 90 degrees, but that's just a matter of translation in NifSkope and Update FaceGen Availability in the GECK. :P :)

i updated the model mirrored the sides got rid of the inside flaps (for now) and added new straps to the model in the pictures. its not that there is a vertexes being shared that's one of the first things i got rid of, also stitching the strips crashes the game. this is my second attempt at doing some modeling so there is a sharp learning curve im dealing with but im glad to help, im sure i missed a step somewhere but i dont know what one. the updated blender file is to big to upload into the forum but ill be glad to send it to whoever wants it also if anyone knows why im ending up with a spiked model plz chime in.

Looks really cool mate, I'm glad you figured out what was causing the problem. Getting a simple item like this to work is the first step to making spectacular stuff if you are willing to put your back into it. :thumbsup: