Children: Tamriel's Future — first alpha is on the way!

Glitchipedia

I'm finally back at work on this thing. In addition to the fifty generic kids I'll have wandering around (five of each race), there will also be one in each city selling enchanted clothing to tease the forthcoming adoption update:

• In Anvil, Bruma, Chorrol and Cheydinhal, little girls will sell enchanted jackets called Child's Hug. It is described as "warm and revitalizing", protecting you against Frost damage and slowly regenerating lost health.
  • In Skingrad, Bravil, Leyawiin and the Imperial City Market District, little boys will sell enchanted shoes called Orphan's Footsteps. It is their opinion that the orphans of Tamriel go largely unnoticed by the masses, and with these shoes providing Chameleon and Fortify Sneak effects, now you can, too.

All proceeds from the sales go toward construction of Pelinal Whitestrake Orphanage, to be included in a future version of the mod.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weirdest thing just happened. Because of the scaled-down skeletons, I was under the impression the kids would need new animations to prevent them from clipping with chairs and beds. Yet, just now, one of my prototype girls was very clearly sitting ON a bench, not through it, without my having to change any animations at all. This has never occurred in my game before. Any ideas what might have happened, and how I can make it continue to happen consistently?

Whelp...I am all for this mod. It gets old, having all these adults yet no children running about =P makes the game feel too serious and unrealistic.

as for your skeletons, does it still happen or was it a one time thing?

I saw her doing it a second time, but didn't actually catch her in the process of sitting down, so I don't know if it's related to the player changing cells or what.

http://i.imgur.com/3Ab7p0Y.jpg

From what I can tell, you are better off redoing the animations =\ Sorry. I am not sure what allows her to do that, but it isn't something that can be done all the time.

I don't know animations or I'd help also. I'll keep my ear to the ground and see if I don't come across anyone though. Just don't count on it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This project is currently on hold while I concentrate on my live-action/machinima fan film, The Elder Scrolls: Trial By Fiction, which will feature my two prototype kids as major characters. Work on this mod will resume following the movie's release on YouTube.