Female Body Mesh Question

BadPenney

While rummaging through the GECK I came across this mesh:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/images/1103832-1247066558.jpg

It is a static form that exists in vanilla Fallout 3. Out of curiousity, I dropped it in a cell and had a look. It seems as if the UV map was deliberately distorted, I suppose to make it harder for modder's to use it for a nude mod. The female mesh provided for characters actually have the underwear incorporated into the mesh, this one does not. It also includes the head and hands, whereas most body meshes are separate. I can still see a line at the neck, but it is much less pronounced and the head does seem to cast a shadow on the body.

Not being savvy about 3D modelling and rigging for animations, my question is whether this mesh could be rigged to work as a body/head/hand replacement that might actually get rid of the obvious body seams? I doubt that it would be easy to do, and even harder to make it compatible with the dismemberment routine, but I don't really want to watch my own character get dismembered anyway.

I don't see a reason why this mesh couldn't be used as a body replacement - as far as I know, the body model is no different from a set of armour or a piece of clothing in technical terms so it's just a matter of implementing it correctly with skin, dismemberment and what-have-you and you should have a naked mesh without the nasty neck/body intersection shader issues.

Edit: Of course you'd still have the mesh seam, however it'd have moved from the highly profilated neck/upper chest area to somewhere around the jawline of the character, as the neck/head intersection still has to be there as you need the head separate from the body mesh to be able to display different heads.

neckseams are avoidable. any bodymod can have them fixed. just requires a bit of skill with photoshop, 3d appplication, unwrap & painting texture maps, as well as knowledge of how seams are created in the first place. dont really have time for that now but i had my own bodymod in the works, just dropped in priority behind other mods