Epic, artistic, logical, and challenging: Tim Burton's '9'

Shatterproof

For those who haven't seen the preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnoJecu9e7c

A lot of this would be texture work but man, what an amazing chance to work with the Fallout template and do something really sic. If you adjust the size via console you can already make any PC/NPC the right height for this. The whole 'released for the vault' thing works too. Imagine if not only does the players mother die in child birth but, the player almost does as well while an infant. The father then finds a way to keep something of the son alive in a replacement body. With no spare robotic structures in the vault, he does the best he can....

Using the existing mod for having multiple companions, the player could enlist the standard crew and maybe come across the other 8 'stitch punks' as well. The size difference could make team play a requirement and until you find other companions, the player could have more of a 'stealth/survival' feel. Not to mention that whole 'work bench / salvage' thing. Being able to loot pieces of gear and weapons and odds N ends gives the player plenty of material to make custom stuff. Strip out the blueprint necessity.

RAMBLE OF POTENTIAL IDEAS:

If you recruit 'bigger' companions, they can use the standard gear or carry 'parts' for you. Dogmeat would make an excellent mount / pack mule. You could even 'equip' modified power armor like piloting a mech eventually.

For standard player play, you could add a perk like '100 to sneak, 50 to melee, 50 to repair'. Why? because being that small and armed with knives/scissors etc, you could do a hell of a lot of damage to an achilles tendon or an artery in the leg. High crit chance and high knock down (not knock back). The bonus to repair is obvious as your smaller and built as a scavenger. Not to mention wickedly high agility for that increased dodge potential, no fall damage (your mostly a stuffed animal), increased damage from fire, etc....

Consider a plasma pistol modified so that the chamber is a backpack and the barrel is held like a gatling laser. With a high enough sneak and companions engaging a mobs attention, you could crit head shot mobs with little resistance. Consider a mini-missile launcher as a sniper rifle. How bout a knife wielded like a 2hander.

How bout a shiskabob with a water bottle for a 'gas tank' and a modified 2hander flaming knife? Cut a raider's ankle, light him on fire, and then be able to target is face in VATS. :D

personally I'd like to see 'mini-mines' to tag advantage of the 'exploded pants' concept hahaha.

You could heal yourself with scrap material, you could get multiple uses out of single use items (stims, drugs, stealthboys, etc) since you need less from them, you could use the soundtrack from the movie as game music.... its just such a great possibility. Plus, nothing is more epic than overcoming odds. From that vantage point, even killing a mole rat is impressive.

It also sorta explains how even if you look like an armored death incarnate, the NPCs in FO3 don't seem to give you any cred or being impressed until you personally save their lives. If I was looking at what looks like a miniturized person in a voodoo doll outfit, I'd question and doubt them myself I think.

As soon as I saw 9, Cirno popped into mind.

I was screwing around in F03 yesterday and had my char at setscale .6 and the Pipboy still displayed right with Tab (no clipping). Had a modded Boogeyman hood on for effect. I had a companion. I let them engage directly while I snuck up to a good spot and charged in. I was in Olney fighting Deathclaws which seemed more like Tyranos. A few slashes to the ankle and then some VATS aiming and it was game over. Not too shabby and ironically really fun.

I still think the idea is awesome. You don't need a world conversion or anything. Custom race, custom companions, custom gear. That's pretty much it.

NOTE: you can consider the melee weapons needed for this mod idea handled with this Junk Weapons Mod -

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3907