ENB/SweetFX Issues

vitalsine

Hey everyone! I have been going at this now for a couple days. Just got everything running pretty seamlessly and now I want to focus on polishing my ENB and SweetFX settings. I am using a slightly modified version of "The ENB of the Apocalypse - New Vegas" by Shrutesh. I am running the ENB v249 d3d9.dll (newest), because I was experiencing problems with some of the older versions (like transparent weapon etc). First I would like to talk about SweetFX. By default, SweetFX should be enabled with this ENB preset, but when my game loads up, and I hit scroll lock, there are no changes. When I hit Print Screen it also saves the SS with the prefix ENB, so I am assuming the ENB is taking the picture, not SweetFX. This leads me to believe that SweetFX is disabled. (I've only ever used ENB, never a combo.) I have tried launching the game two ways. Firstly, I use the 4gb launcher. I have all the .exe and .dll files (ENB and SweetFX files) in the "exes" folder... I get ENB to run, but no SweetFX. I have tried by just launching NVSE, and no luck. ENB but no SweetFX. I've tried both the wrapper and injector versions of ENB. I would really like to get SweetFX working so that I can bring my game to the next level. Still running very smooth without it, 100+fps with ENB activated. Here are some screenshots...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d0o1dabmanix1ww/mrEPFe-AjF?lst

One thing that has been really bugging me is this weird hair bug with ENB. The DOF looks amazing, but when you look at an NPCs hair, sometimes the DOF is disabled around it, almost creating an outline of the characters head. I think most of you know what I mean. I am pretty sure there is no way to disable it, but with my current setup it is terrible, especially on Summer Smiles. Check the link above for pictures. Another issue I am having is that some of the NPCs are almost orange on the interiors. One example is Chet, I took a picture of him so that you guys could check it out. I am going to take one of Trudy in the Saloon because she is by far the worste. If anyone has any info on any of these problems, I would really appreciate it. First on my list is getting SweetFX working though.

Here is my load order, in case it helps...

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Afterschool Special.esm
Caliber.esm
CaliberXhonesthearts.esm
CaliberXgunrunners.esm
CFWNV.esm
FOOK - New Vegas.esm
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm
Inventory Access.esm
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
More Perks.esm
More Traits.esm
NVInteriors_Core.esm
NVInteriors_WastelandEditon.esm
NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
NVInteriors_ComboEdition_AWOP.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - GRA.esm
WME - DLCs.esm
wsex.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
oHUD.esm
New Vegas Redesigned II.esm
MikotoBeauty.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
WMR.esm
SomeguySeries.esm
Interior Lighting Overhaul - L38PS.esm
Niner.esm
FCOMaster.esm
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp
MMUE-CP-NVInteriors.esp
FPSWeaponWheel.esp
Readius_NV.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
FOOK - New Vegas.esp
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
wsexInnuendoAnims.esp
wsexInnuendoNPCs.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Traits Update.esp
BM4A1.esp
epock.esp
pyDoF.esp
Powered Power Armor.esp
1nivVSLArmors.esp
LeatherBackpack - eng.esp
QS_Blackwolf_NV_Backpackmod.esp
Type3 Leather Armors.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
Armor by Race w Undies.esp
Body by Race.esp
NVR- Lore version.esp
New Vegas redesigned- Honest Hearts.esp
AWOPCaliberXAmmoPatch.esp
MMUE-CP-AWOP+NVInteriors.esp
NVWillow.esp
ShilohDS-Color Maps and Icons.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
dD-Reduced Ragdoll Force.esp
WMXUE.esp
Jump Fall Fixer.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp
ILO - GS Shack.esp
ILO - NSkies URWLified Patch.esp
Bouncing Natural Breasts.esp
MikotoBeauty.esp
FOOK-PN Convergence.esp
FCO.esp
FCO - Willow.esp
FCO - Niner.esp
MoreNiner.esp
1nivPNSLPatch.esp
Type3MClothing.esp
CFW-PN-DLC.esp
CFW-PN.esp
AWOP - Dead Money Redone.esp
AWOP - Balance and Cleanup.esp
K3KSuperToolKit.esp
MCL_Weapon_Pack.esp
K3KBriefcaseBomb.esp
WMXUE-CouriersStash.esp
MMUE-CP-WMXUE-EVE.esp
MMUE-CP-Convergence (Stage 1).esp
FOOK-PN-WME-WMXUE-EVE Convergence.esp
FOOK-PN-MicaWpnPak CP.esp
FOOK-PN-AWOP Weapon Convergence.esp
MMUE-CP-ILO.esp
WMR Convergence Edition.esp
Merged Patch.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
Total active plugins: 115
Total plugins: 115
Thanks!
Edited by vitalsine

Hi vitalsine,

glad to see, that someone else is struggling as I do! :P

I encountered some similar problems and maybe I got some answers for you!

I've managed to run SweetFX with SomberENB (but it looked really crappy)! Important here is, that you add the d3d9_swfx.dll (or whatever you've named it) as ProxyLibrary in the enblocal.ini NOT the enbseries.ini! I've tried the same with ENB of the Apocalypse but I got to the same point as you did! I'll watch this thread, maybe someone can help us out!?

The "Arc" you see around the hairs is something you have to deal with because it's an ENB-typical problem with alpha channels. The arc you're seeing are the actual borders of the hair mesh, only that everything except the hairs is made transparent by a texture channel. The ENB doesn't recognize these transparent areas and thus, doesn't/can't apply the DOF in that area.

When it comes to the texture issues (Doc's hair) see this thread where Brigand231 helped me out with a solution for some texture issues I had.

TL:DR version: use the injector version of your ENB, add the fnv4gb.exe to the enbinjector.ini by hand and use fnv4gb.exe to run the game. That solved all my crashes and texture issues!

Hope that helped, now let's see if someone can solve our SweetFX problem!?

Thanks for the reply Sari! Anyway... I guess I can live with the hair mesh thing. I don't believe Doc's hair is a texture issue, it is just when looking at him from certain angles, his hair can appear black on the right side of his head and its white on the other. If I move around to the side where it was just black, now its white. lol. It's like a weird shine of some sort. The texture itself is fine.

Here is where I stand now. I downgraded to the v194 ENB that Shrutesh says to install, and voila! SweetFX works when loaded up. Only problem is, there is this major delay first, when I open the game. Menus work fine, just takes a minute. But as soon as my game loads up, my video adapter farts out and screen goes black. When it comes back I have to bring up the process manager to close the game. Weird. I have tried running the game with and without the 4gb launcher. Using multiple methods. I have all the appropriate files in the exes folder, I have some other 4gb launcher in the root that also works, and I have tried with just NVSE and all of them have the same results. When I go to load my game, it takes a while, then video adapter screws up, black screen... I am running a Radeon HD 7970, not OC'd. I edited a few ini values a while back that were related to memory. Is there any chance that those might have something to do with the current issue? I am looking for a solution now... really wanna figure this out!!!

Edited by vitalsine

Yes! I got it working! Here is my setup...

I HAVE to use ENB v173. Maybe its because I have an AMD/ATI card? I toggled ForceNvidiaCard (not really sure if that helped). I am using the 4gb loader in which you have to put the exe and dll files in the exe folder. My setup is like...

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas ... has all the default files, no dlls, no nvse, no nothing. Just what was originally installed with the game.

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\4GB ... has the fnv4gb.exe and fnv4gb_helper.dll and there is the source folder and a folder called exes

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\4GB\exes ... this is where I installed NVSE, the ENB and everything else. Make sure you also move both the FalloutNV.exe and launcher to this folder too.

Anyway, that is my setup. I actually referred to your thread and instead of fixing the texture it fixed sweetfx. Someone made a post about having to use only 173 with ATI/AMD, not sure if it was even related to sweetfx. Gave it a whirl and it works. Hopefully I dont experience any transparent guns. Thatd stink. Until I find a workaround for a newer ENB I will be stuck with this. Looks amazing though.

I am having one new issue now. The windows at the Goodsprings School are flickering, kinda weird. I toggled ENB and SweetFX and they dont seem to be the problem, but I have never noticed it till now lol. Here are a couple screenshots of the flickering, and a pic of the Docs hair...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d93vnhrvdrlapz8/Sweet.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcy5hvkactf13yq/Weird%20Black%20Hair%20on%20Doc%20Mitchell%20ENB.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/el2bhstx4xuyi6o/Flickering%20Windows%201.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzj9iyylee5ymen/Flickering%20Windows%202.jpg

Also, it seems that my gun only goes semi-transparent when I am aiming down the ironsights. I guess I can live with that for now until I find a way to use a newer ENB.

Edited by vitalsine

FIXED!

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5525/12163439284_a230df6acf_o.jpg

http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2765&p=46370#p46370

I am using a setup that uses both ENB and SweetFX. I can only get SweetFX to work with v.173. Anything up to v.246 will crash my game once I load or start a new game. Once I start using 246/249 I can get the game to work, but SweetFX no longer loads?! Weird. Am I missing something? I have the ProxyLibrary and everything setup correctly, obviously, otherwise it wouldn't work with the older versions. Game still looks great, just want to benefit from the new additions. I am running a Radeon 7970.

You have Afterburner running, because only this software have specific bug of not working ENBSeries after 0.173.

I do have Afterburner installed, but it is not open or running. Let me try uninstalling it. Like I mentioned before though, ENB has always worked for me, never ever had an issue until I tried to pair it up with SweetFX using "The ENB of The Apocalypse New Vegas". I am running the game using the 4gb launcher, the one where you have to place everything in the "exes" folder. I was unable to get everything working with the injector, I could get ENB going, but no SweetFX. I'll let you know if I make any progress. Thanks Boris!
Breakdown Update:
Standalone ENB (all versions) works
ENB .173 & SweetFX works
ENB .194-.216 + & SweetFX broken Problem: Black screen at load.
ENB .246+ & SweetFX broken Problem: Game works but SweetFX will not work with ENB.
Update:
Just uninstalled Afterburner and I still can't get the two to work together past ENB .173. .173 + SweetFX works great, I played for about 4 hours earlier without a crash and 135 mods. Like I said earlier, if I put the DLL from ENB .246-249, everything loads up and the game works, but there is only ENB. The SweetFX is bypassed for some reason with that DLL. I am assuming that if it wasn't bypassed it would crash like the other versions. But yea, after my screen goes black, sometimes it boots me to desktop and says that my display driver adapter failed, something along those lines any way. Must be a driver issue? Is there a stable release of the ATI drivers that I should be running or the newest are good? I am running the newest stable drivers.

I did tests with Afterburner and it fail to work if mod size is above certain one. What is wrong when using SweetFX together, i don't know and can't help, because two d3d9 libraries are not supported, it's just a trick.

Ok cool. I will have to live with the combination of .173 and SweetFX for now then. I am going to keep working to see if I can find a way around this. I'll let ya know if I have any luck. Thanks again! Love your work!
Update:
Yup, there are no solution to get SweetFX working with ENB .173+, at least on my rig. Tried the injector, wrapper, all diff versions. No luck. Time to actually start playing and stop modding haha. I have to admit the combination of the two looks amazing. I just hate the transparency issues... Have a great night!

@Vitsaline,

You are aware of the fact that newer versions of the ENB have a separate ENBLocal.ini file where you should set the proxy up yes ?
Cause if you still set it up in the ENBSeries.ini i can imagine that it can give problems.
i don't know for sure if it could lead to problems, but i'm just guessing..

It worked! WoW!!! haha. So after some further testing... I can now get ENB .246+ to work with SweetFX! Woohoo! Looks amazing, and it also seems to run WAY better than previous. Almost a 13 fps increase and it looks even better lol! I guess all I had to do was modify the ENBSeries.ini file to point to the original d3d9.dll and then I edited ENBLocal to enable the d3d9SWFX.dll and enable proxy library. This is great. Thanks a million! Should I also copy over my edits from enbseries to enblocal? Thanks a million Marcurious! I am also using 4gbNVSE now. Seems to work even better.

Will post some screenshots soon.
Edited by vitalsine

Hey, congratz! Thanks for reporting back with the solution, so adding the d3d9swfx.dll to the enblocal did the trick? Because that's what I also wrote in my first reply!? :wink:

lol DOH! I think I missed your first reply haha. Thanks a million Sari. The game looks so freakin amazing!

• 2 weeks later...