Which mods go "well" with SkyRe? Or should I give Requiem a tr

DJMzKaS

So I was wondering...SkyRe or Requiem...I heard the easier one is SkyRe so I might try that one first before going into something more hardcore like requeiem...so I wanted to know...can someone link me SkyRE on Nexus and list me aswell compatible and "must have mods" that work with it? I could give requiem a go but im not sure...Hope you can help me through this...thx in advance for any help and hints and stuff

Basically it comes down to this. Do you want to go with realism or freedom? Requiem is much, much harder then SkyRe (yes, you can mod SkyRe to be almost as hard as Requiem with enough effort, but you can mod requiem to be MUCH harder as well)

SkyRe is a 'freedom' mod, and is MUCH closer to vanilla, it's basically vanilla 2.0, shifting around everything in the game just a little, to make everything a bit more balanced, and to make any character build viable, but still keeping the game feeling a LOT like the vanilla game. There are a lot of fun add in's to SkyRe, and in general it makes the game a bit easier then vanilla, but kills any 'exploits' that let you become god-like. Some people insist SkyRe is harder then vanilla, but by level 15 in SkyRe, if you know what you are doing, you can become totally untouchable, even on higher difficulties. basically, everything in SkyRe revolves around you, and letting you do what you want, and not putting up much resistance to your choices. Even if you try to make a character based of speechcraft, alteration, and smithing, you can probably do it.

Requiem, is very far from SkyRe, and is the ultimate realism overhaul, and goes amazingly with mods like Frostfall and Realistic Needs and Diseases. It unlevels everything, and takes you from the center of the world. It has a "classic RPG or MMORPG" feel. Some enemies are simply way to powerful to fight at lower levels, some skill trees are simply not to viable for keeping yourself alive. It all has to do with logic and realism. Speechcraft will not help you kill a dragon, giant hammers and heavy armor will. Requiem makes you put yourself in your characters shoes. If you only have iron armor and weapons, trying to kill a hoard of the undead will likely end badly for you. But if you get full ebony armor and weapons, there is very little that can break through your massive skin of armor.

it really comes down to what you find enjoyable.

Do you enjoy doing whatever you want, and not being punished for anything, and having only a decent challenge posed by a world that revolves around your character? Then go with SkyRe

Do you enjoy having to fight for every big of progress, and earning every piece of armor and weapon you get, in a brutal unforgiving world that is effected very little by your progress? Then go with Requiem

Good mods that go with either of these are;

Immersive Armors, Immersive Weapons, and Immersive Creatures for a huge variety in everything

Locational Damage and Revenge of the Enemies to make combat realistic, hard and MUCH faster

Warbugs Paper Map (no player cursor option) + Realistic Needs and Diseases + Frostfall + Dynamic Things + iHUD - these combined make the world feel 'alive', and are amazing for immersion and roleplaying. iHUD & Warbugs map make navigating a challenge, and RND & Frostfall make it so that you have to prepare for adventures very intelligently. it basically makes it so that 'adventuring' actually involves, well, adventuring. lol Dynamic Things just goes amazingly with Frostfall, I mostly enjoy the ability to actually wack trees with my axe to get firewood. it fully supports frostfall, and is just awesome. it also makes it so that training on dummies and target boards actually increases your skills some, which is very handy in requiem.

People try to say requiem is hard to add mods to, but I have over 120 mods installed alongside requiem. ^_^ I have used both, and can say, they are both a ton of fun, but I prefer requiem, simply because it makes everything more challenging.

i am currently working on a patch to combined Requiem and SkyRe, so keep your eyes open for that when it's released! =3