Alternatives to Dual Sheath Redux?

ArtMurder

So, I've recently decided to try this mod out, and it looked very interesting, but after spend 3~4 hours installing it, other mods to go with it, and just trying to get it to work, I've given up. I installed XPMS, and an animation mod to go with it that will not be easy to uninstall, so I am looking for something that is similar to it, if possible, that DOES NOT USE A SKY PROC PATCHER as this was the main issue I was having with that mod. For some reason, Sky Proc Patchers hate me, they constantly throw up false positives for missing masters, and these just leave me at a dead end, because I can't use the mod without the patch, and I can't fix what isn't broken to make the patch work... so, is there an alternative to this mod for people who can't/don't want to use obnoxiously unreliable Sky Proc Patchers? =3

Not to diminish your problem but I've never once in two years of Skyrim had a problem with a Sky Proc Patcher.

There is no substitute for Dual Sheath Redux.

Are you the admin on your system and what OS?

Where is your game directory?

1) you MUST run as administrator (either by being an admin or by using the option labelled "run as administrator" when you right click on Dual Sheath).

2) Your OS can determine additional steps which may need to be taken, mostly in relation to "run as administrator".

3) If you have a custom directory install (not to be confused with a pirated version, there is a HUGE difference, if you're using a pirated version: Don't be cheap, go buy the game then ask for support) The Sky Proc Patcher will not work until you give writing permissions for your entire Skyrim folder (right click, go to properties and permissions, if I remember correctly) and you MUST run Dual Sheath as admin. Again the condition for 3) is a custom directory install.

I've had the Dual Sheath SkyProc patcher throw up errors regarding missing masters. In both cases it was because core BOSS was not looking at the esp file masters lists when sorting mods, and was placing mods in the wrong order. You can add the problematic mods to the exclusion list, create a custom BOSS sort rule to put the mods in the proper order, or uncheck the mod's esp from your active data file list before making the SkyProc patch.

To answer the first question no there is no alternative it was created to replace the only other option which had stopped working completely and was abandoned.

Go onto STEP forum and find Skyrim Revisited subforum it is a highly detailed guide to modding Skyrim for a stable game made pre-sheson.

Why would you want to go there ?

Skyrim Revisited's creator is Neovalen and he made Duel Sheaf Redux for the guide most if not all the optional patches are made by guide users or Neovalen so it's the best place for support.

Also as already stated if you have all required mods and a missing master then it is after Dual Sheaf in load order when as a master it must load first.

[Edit] SkyProc requires 32-bit Java not 64-bit.