Making a new race with new meshes

MeguRyel

I'm working on some Final Fantasy stuff, starting with a new race and some hair; I thought modelling and finding out how to get it placed where it should would be hard, but now I'm facing a much bigger problem, for I really don't have any clue of scripts and that kind of stuff (didn't think I would need that in this state of my works o_O)

So I made some changes in the original face-mesh od male and female, saved both as different meshes (not headhuman and headfemale). Made one hairstyle too, got it all work in GECK. Now, I start the game and everything is fine until I exit the character generation - game crashes. I thought it might be because of daddy who doesn't like to change headmesh while talking to me so I changed the male headmesh back to original, still crashes. Isn't it possible right now to use a different headmesh for a playable character?

If anybody knows anything, please, please tell me...

I'm working on some Final Fantasy stuff, starting with a new race and some hair; I thought modelling and finding out how to get it placed where it should would be hard, but now I'm facing a much bigger problem, for I really don't have any clue of scripts and that kind of stuff (didn't think I would need that in this state of my works o_O)

So I made some changes in the original face-mesh od male and female, saved both as different meshes (not headhuman and headfemale). Made one hairstyle too, got it all work in GECK. Now, I start the game and everything is fine until I exit the character generation - game crashes. I thought it might be because of daddy who doesn't like to change headmesh while talking to me so I changed the male headmesh back to original, still crashes. Isn't it possible right now to use a different headmesh for a playable character?

If anybody knows anything, please, please tell me...

Are you using any other mods that make changes to the RACE record?

I don't have any other mod installed right now, and I dublicated Caucasian Adult and just changed the meshes and textures - could that be the problem? I read somewhere it would be a good way to copy a race instead of making one from scratch; I thing I'll try though and report later. Thanks alot!