Collision Markers?

Guest Messenjah

Guest Messenjah

Hey, anyone know how to set up a collision markers? Whenever I drag one into my interior cell it doesn't seem to show up but it does show up in the object window?

I've noticed that some of the geometry that Bethesda has in the game doesn't appear to have any collision data so I'm also trying to figure out how to place some kind of collision box around it in hopes that it will prevent the player from passing through (I have two bronze statues in my cell room).

Hey, anyone know how to set up a collision markers? Whenever I drag one into my interior cell it doesn't seem to show up but it does show up in the object window?

I've noticed that some of the geometry that Bethesda has in the game doesn't appear to have any collision data so I'm also trying to figure out how to place some kind of collision box around it in hopes that it will prevent the player from passing through (I have two bronze statues in my cell room).

ya, its not very intuitive.

do collision box. then click at one corner where you want to start, hold the mouse button down and drag to another corner for your X Y plane. release the mouse. then move the mouse to get your Z coord (you should see the box forming now) click to end it.

you can also edit it once you get it in the object window. right click, edit, then go to the primitive tab to edit its shape.

edit* it will show up as a grey/black box. fairly transparent, kind of hard to see.

I grew frustrated trying to generate collision boxes once, so I just copied some that were already placed in FO3 and pasted them where I needed them. There are quite a number to be found. I copied one from the area just west of the entrance to Rivet City. Once you paste them where you want them, you can stretch them to fit the size that you need. Just place your cursor near an edge until you see a box surrounding 4 arrows then click and drag. Maybe not the most sophisticated way to do it, but it worked for me.