noob nifskope question

Jethead

hello, i've added pieces of shoulder pads mod to ragamuffin outfit with copy branch / paste branch, then added them as children, loaded save game, everything works, until i exit the game. when i load the same save again and try to put modified armor on, the game ctd's.

if i restore the original nif, run the game, exit, and then put my modified nif in - armor works fine again, even if i save and load game, but the problem repeats after exiting to windows.

anyone knows what might be the problem?

patch 1.4 makes things like that happen. dont know what patch your useing but it might be the problem.

couple of things to consider.

1) is it a unique item that dosnt replace anything else?.

2) dose it have the same name as the other armour?.

3) are you shure that youv replaced the world & go models?

thx jackpack

i'm using fake patch

i replaced existing outfit's nif with mine, so i didn't worry about ground models.

when i finally got new armor to work without ctd's, it turned out my walking and running animations are screwed when the weapon is equipped. unequipping the weapon does not fix the animation.

i didn't 'combine the properties' cause doing so seemed to cause ctd's, is this related to walking/running animations?

i replaced existing outfit's nif with mine

dose that mean you edited it in the geck & just replaced the old model with your model?.

once you do that & save. if you play fallout without your mod then the old outfit is there & you select your mod then your outfit is there instead of the one you replaced.

youd be better renameing the id so that both models remain & it should stop fallout loading the armour from the origonal instead of from your mod?. "if you know what i mean"

asfor other problems then jasus's your man :thumbsup:

i have no idea what weightpainting is, i just tried to follow this tutorial

armor works fine, walking, running, jumping, sneaking, even with weapon equipped.

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt325/Frank_Horrigan/kids%20outfit/ScreenShot747.jpg

with weapon drawn i get a bug:

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt325/Frank_Horrigan/kids%20outfit/ScreenShot734.jpg

when i add belt pouches and shotgun on leg it works fine without a weapon:

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt325/Frank_Horrigan/kids%20outfit/ScreenShot749.jpg

equipping a weapon causes bug, running with weapon drawn is quite a comedy though.

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt325/Frank_Horrigan/kids%20outfit/ScreenShot748.jpg

sorry for so many pictures, just tell me which are not needed and i'll remove them.

@ jackpack - i just renamed outfit.nif in wastelandchild01 to outfit.nif.bak and then placed my armor, called outfit.nif there. i'll get to geck when i'm done with armor, now i just want to make it work, i'll worry about placing in the world, giving proper stats and so on later. ;]

ok i cant say for sure if thats what causes this bug but i saw some things:

make sure all your nodes in the nif file are either nitrishape OR nitristrip, i didnt see any mesh that uses both at the same time yet...

to do that just select a nitristrip, right click -> mesh -> triangulate, thatll turn em to shapes

furthermore make sure that your strips or shapes dont use the names of bones!

to change that select a strip/shape

activate "block details" under "view"

go down to the block details and right click the "name" -> edit string index

and change the name to somin else, legs for example or shotgun or whatever

i guess that should work

looks neat btw :)

it worked, thank you very much! this way i was also able to add merc mask and sleeves from vanilla painspike (they would give me insta ctd before).

how do i make left sleeve, called pipboyoff, disappear when pipboy is on?