PLEASE HELP! Creating Custom Homes suitable for Families...

kingy9467

Ok so I am not a complete newbie when it comes to the Creation Kit, I understand the basics and have recently been dabbling with relative success into more advanced things such as navmeshing space and markers for npc's and followers.

However , though I've found some advice on how to make a custom player home "Family Friendly" allowing children and spouses to move in... I am stuck, and while I'm happy to tinker and almost sure I could eventually get to figuring it out.... I'm stuck on one of the first steps.

It is probably a really simple question... perhaps even a stupid one... but how exactly do you set the keywords for an interior cell? such as the keywords: "LocTypePlayerHouse", "LocTypeDwelling", and "LocTypeHouse"

Any help would be appreciated, and if I'm posting this topic in the wrong place, forgive me and please politely redirect me.

Usually when I don't have a clue I open a similar cell in the creation kit - in this case pick WhiterunBreezehome. Right-click the cell in the cell view window, edit. On the first tab you notice under location it's a "WhiterunBreezehomeLocation" (in these tabs you can also select music to play, the imagespace, lighting, and under "interior data" you will see the zone NoResetZone which exempts your cell from a cell reset (which would empty all containers etc which is bad).

But getting back to locations, you now know you will need to make a custom location to your home, or copy an existing one. In the object window, go to WorldData > Location and find your WhiterunBreezehomeLocation. Doubleclick and look - it has the keywords. Okay, so we'll make our own. Close the breezehome window, create a new location. Give it an ID (MyHomeLocation or similar), a name (My pretty home), and right-click in the keyword pane to add your desired keywords.

Finally, in the cell view window, right-click your cell > edit (also available under menu world > cells), and set the location for your cell (MyHomeLocation).