"Fast Travel is Currently Unavailable From This Location"

i had this problem briefly the other day, dont remember how it was fixe, but couldve been smthg from a penalty. Try restoring all you health effects: removing rads, curing addictions and detoxing and fully restoring limbs. If your also using primary needs, get them back to 0 aswell. Thanks to this thread, googling fast travel found the 'fast travel from indoors' mod, allways wanted to do that, cheers

shaunone, coc cell names are included in some of the location descriptions here

Edited by nisen

• 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I am having the same problem fast travel will not work anywhere I get a message saying No Fast travel you have to walk or I get you have no means of travel. I have even tried fast travel anywhere mod but still won't work.

Where can i find a list of COC locations codes please

Thanks

• 1 year later...

So... it is like 6 years after the last answer but since I found another solution to this problem (which I just started having today a few hours ago) I will post it here:

First, this was some of the advice I tried that didn't work or worked partially:

Save, Kill Myself, Save Again

1. Delete all .temp files generated in my SAVE folder.

2. Loading the last FULL SAVE I had (by that I mean not a quick nor auto save).

3. Kill myself.

4. When the game reload and I'm back alive, I save again.

5. Fast travel and/or save.

Result: Worked Partially. Saves were possible and fast travel too without crashing the game, BUT next time I "travelled" (be that global fast travel or just entering and exiting a building), it was back to "You can't travel from this location".

Deactivating Mods

1. Tried deactivating the latest mods I had installed in case it was a problem I had too many and they were fighting for RAM. Unlikely, being that my machine is new, and I don't have more than 20 mods installed, none resources-hungry, but I did.

Result: Did Not Work. It was not the mods in my specific case.

Now for what I did that finally worked for me:

Turn Off Save On Travel.
1. From within the game I clicked ESC, selected Preferences, turned off Save On Travel, and went back to the game.

Result: Success. I have not had any problems again with Fast Travel or Saving.

Not perfect because if now I forget to save before travelling and I just end up in the middle of a nest of Death Claws, well, there is no Save On Rage-Quit unfortunatelly.

I hope this helps someone one day.

:)