What am I missing

Meerkat01

greetings peeps.

A bit of background, no stranger to modding though mostly in TES games. I have mastered most modding aspects of Fallout 3, although I havnt posted any efforts (yet).

To the meat of it, Iv been playing with adding a scope to the lincoln or lever action rifles. I v had no problem making the scope work in game, even with the animation. But for the life of me I cannot get the darn thing (the scope) to show up on the rifle in 3rd view. Iv tried welding the scope from the .44 to it, merging the meshes, etc etc. It shows in Nifscope ok, but not in game. I bound the scope mesh to the uncolliding base mesh, merged them in blender so they appear to be a single mesh. It seems to work fine in nifscope even with animation.

Im baffled.

Anyone know what Im missing here?

Being highly prone to error myself, I usually start with the most basic questions ( i.e. My computer won't work. Is it plugged in? ) So please don't be offended if this seems too basic.

On the second page of the edit window for the Lincoln's Repeater ( labeled Art and Sound ) along the bottom is a box entitled "Has Scope". Is it checked?

Second question, weapons require separate references for world view (3rd person) and 1st person view. Have you supplied the world view reference with the scope nif?