Mods not working

gizza666

If you're using Vista and installed Oblivion to the default location "C:\Program Files\" then UAC might be the culprit if you have disabled this. You can either disable the UAC through the control panel or reinstall Oblivion to a new location such as C:\Games\"

If you installed Oblivion to the "C:\Program Files\" and never manually disabled UAC (User Account Control) then it's safe to assume that IS the problem. Try making sure it's disabled by going to Control Panel (control panel home view) User Accounts and Family Saftey -> User Accounts then clicking Turn User Account control on or off. This will require a computer restart. If you turn UAC off and the mods are now working then either reinstall Oblivion to somewhere besides Program Files, or leave UAC off.

ok,since you don't have a lot of mods, remove them all! add the UOP. Then add one mod, the one your having problems with, go in game see if its working. if so, add one mod at atime verifying in game that each works. If it is not working then that mod got corrupted in upload or in DL.

ok thx, ill try that

this is the best i could do. by removing all francesco stuff. since it wont allow me to move any esp files before the esm stuff that francesco got. still no change though >.<

Oblivion.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

No psychic guards v1.2.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp

AT2 02-Shiki Armor Set.esp

KT_CustomRaceFix.esp

_Ren_BeautyPack_onlyhairs.esp

_Ren_BeautyPack_full.esp

ESM files always get on top of ESPs, so that shouldn't be the problem... try moving your AT2 02-Shiki Armor Set.esp to the bottom of the list.

On another note, i dont think you'll be needing KT_CustomRaceFix.esp coz that bug issue is already addressed by UOP.

Also be sure your Oblivion is patched to version 1.2.0416.

Vista Problems

You MUST be signed on as an Administrator to do any of this.

If you have downloaded and installed a mod, and the mod is appearing in your Data Files List, but not in your game And you are running Vista, you have run into a security feature of Vista called User Account Control. Or more simply, UAC.

Quoted from the Oblivion Mods FAQ WIKI

Alternate Install Directory

If you install your Elder Scrolls game into any directory OTHER than the default, none of these problems occur. Thus, you can bypass the Vista security issues by installing the game onto another hard drive or into a new directory that is not located within the "Program Files" root directory (such as "C:\Games").

Run as Admin

Another way to fix it is to right-click the ".exe" file and click properties, then check "Run as administrator". Then click OK. Do this for both the "oblivion.exe" and TESConstructionSet.exe", and any programs you are using that copies files to protected directories (such as WinRAR, 7z, or WinZip).

Disable UAC

Windows Vista users who are fairly confident in the security of their computers might also consider disabling UAC altogether. This will allow all programs writing privileges to the Program Files directory. Although this obviously creates a state of decreased security for your PC, it is a very helpful one-size-fits-all solution to a number of compatibility issues with the Vista OS.

Look here for instructions on how to turn UAC off. http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-windows-vista/

Of these, solution #1 is STRONGLY PREFERRED. Solutions 2 and 3 (running as admin and disabling UAC) remove important safety features of the OS. In contrast, installing Oblivion elsewhere resolves the problems with Oblivion without reducing your overall security.

Wiki entry on installing Oblivion in Vista: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Windows_Vista

Note that unless you opt to reinstall the game in a different location (option 1) when you start trying to make your own mods using the construction set, you will run into these problems again.

thx for all the help. Ill just try to re-install the game trying the mods 1 at the time.

I never use UAC, 1st thing I do when I re-install Vista is to shut that crap off D; So I dont think its that thing that bothers the game.

thx for all the help. Ill just try to re-install the game trying the mods 1 at the time.

I never use UAC, 1st thing I do when I re-install Vista is to shut that crap off D; So I dont think its that thing that bothers the game.

let me know what happens,pressed for time, gotta run!

what mods are you trying to install.

if you have more mods installed , your load order would be useful too

My order is

100_AnvilCottage V1.2.esp

Bruma Hunting Lodge.esp

Kendo2_gunman.esp

Oblivion.esm

On Xp Not vista if that helps