my ambitious ideas

Tony the Wookie

I think the hair/barber problem should be the least of your worries.

Farming's the thing, IMO.

that will deffinatly be the last thing I work on

I just really want to know if I should leave space to build a barber shop or not

I just want a to make a blueprint of the town layout, right now I can't even make a decent hair mesh, but if the whole thing is possible I will deffinatly do it toward the end of this mod

mabe I should just build a barber shop anyways, and if it doesn't work the way I want, I'll just have them be a regular barber

I just really want to know if I should leave space to build a barber shop or not

mabe I should just build a barber shop anyways, and if it doesn't work the way I want, I'll just have them be a regular barber

Yes. You definitely should build a barbershop.

In fact, I request it. :)

Yes. You definitely should build a barbershop.

I request it.

I was thinking it might be quite fun to design some new meshes and stuff to make one

I don't remember any barber shop stuff anywhere in the vanilla game... but I may be wrong

And what about this, a freindly Super Mutant barber :biggrin:

but I guess this should go back to my other topic, since this one is mainly for programing advice...

Barbershop would do well just for atmosphere.

As for farming, it shouldn't be too bad. Just have interactable plots of ground that runs a script to check for seeds. If you have seeds, you have the option to plant them. The script causes the seeds to "grow", adding/removing models to the world until finally it creates the full grown plant. When you want it to fruit, just have the plant be a container that, when emptied, reverts back to a simple model.

Lengthy and a little complicated, yes, but fairly doable.

as far is i know,

you can do farming the way you want by growing seeds to plants.

you can get a carpenter & buy upgrade your house just like from moira.

& you can have a barbers just like in the underword.

hears a tutorial for exporting hair from oblivion. you probably dont want to export anything but it will show you how to put it ingame.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/articles/article.php?id=32

That would be great fun.

Perhaps the supermutant barber would randomly cut your hair in the wrong way (if such scripting is possible).

Anyhow, having such an odd part of the cast is a good chance to put in jokes or scripting gags.

but I guess this should go back to my other topic, since this one is mainly for programing advice...
Naah. I think this thread should be the main thread from now on.

That would be great fun.

Perhaps the supermutant barber would randomly cut your hair in the wrong way (if such scripting is possible).

Anyhow, having such an odd part of the cast is a good chance to put in jokes or scripting gags.

Naah. I think this thread should be the main thread from now on.

well, more people vist here than the request section, but I really should keep my programming questions seperate from my town brainstorming

and at the moment Oldwolfe has a topic that we are using for the farm/ranch related stuff

I think I may make a new topic in the general area for my town ideas though, just give me some time to get all the ideas from the old topic organised and I will get an organized version in the General Mod Talk section called "Dynamic and Livable Town" work in progress

That would be great fun.

LOL, and there must be a dialog afterward to give a chance to call him on it or wuss out.

"Welcome Slarg haircut box. You ugly, me fix."

"Have nice day puny meatbag!"