Unfloating Hair in Stealth Mode

qazserNOS

I've been using the Helmless Chinese Stealth Suit mod (http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3415) by gaijune, and encountered a problem.

When entering sneak mode, the Player Character's hair is removed from his/her head, and it can be seen floating in air. The position of the floating hair seems to depend on the equipped weapon. Imagine a bald woman accompanied by magical floating hair :P

The same problem seems to be present when using Stealth-Boy, whether the player stands or sneaks. Therefore, the problem must be associated with the stealth field.

I've read somewhere on these forums that this is a issue with the game and cannot be fixed. However, I have come up with a way to mitigate the problem. I put the Dragoon Helmet on manually ("quick-slot") when I start sneaking, effectively eliminating the floating hair issue. This is, of course, really ankward.

So, would it be possible to have the helmet put on and taken off automatically when entering and exiting sneak mode? Some kind of script, maybe?

Or could the hair be made into a helmet, so it would stay equipped in stealth mode?

yes, it does that.

as far as i have been able to fathom, this only happens with mod hair, not vanilla hair, so there is something missing with mod hair.

the vanilla hair has a "bald" option when headwear is worn, a sort of scrunched up variant of each style.

but mod hair reverts to the shaven head vanilla style, acting like headwear.

so in actual fact, the player is wearing two sets of hair, the vanilla shaven hair and whatever mod hair on top as headwear.

i have always assumed that when the player enters stealth-mode, the hair scrunched-up as if it was wearing headwear.

with the mod hair this isn't possible (as the shaven head automatically happens instead) and so the mod hair remains attached to the player but offset in an odd manner.

as you say, wearing the correct helm prevents this, probably because the helm itself acts as the base hair, overriding the shaven head.

the simplest solution for you would be to assign the helm to a Hotkey.

if you don't know how to do this, just open the pip-boy, go to the Apparel menu, hold down a numberkey ( 1-8 ) and left click on the helm.

then whenever you press the assigned number you will wear the helm, press again to remove.

hope that helps.

:)

Thanks for your answer. However, I'm afraid it doesn't help me much. That's because I've never even installed mod hair..

And as for the Hotkey idea, it is exactly what I'm already doing, as I tried to explain with my mention of the "quick-slot". The whole idea of this thread is to find a way I wouldn't have to press a button to equip an unequip the helmet ;)