Dynamic and Growing Town

Tony the Wookie

Well, as a 3D Moddeler I have to do the opposite of fixing the buildings up...

I am going to start with them all in perfect condition, and work from there (perfect condition will not be in the game unless someone wants to borrow the models for some sort of flashback or dream or something)

The top level in the game will be worn, but look well patched up and fixed

The second level will look partialy repaired but still under construction

And the first level will be broken down and neglected

I may add an extra level in somewhere, but that is the general idea

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that's what I meant, I agree it is much easier to start from the top and work your way down.

Just a random thought: Do you have a plan on how the player might find this incredible town? A radio station, or some kind of flare?

Another idea; You could have a quest with, say, some town electrician. Trying to fix their broken radio antennae, and setting up a radio station, to listen to Karen or the Super Mutant Barber (SMB :P ) play the guitar?

Thats what happens when I get ideas :P

I actualy want to have the Super Mutant Barbar play a song on Galaxy News Radio if I can find someone who can mimic Three Dogs voice and do an intro for it... something about getting a tape from some crazy super mutant barber...

As far as how you find it, im really not too sure yet

I figured if I build it, people will come and make quests :smile:

Hmm, the big column in by the steps doesnt fell so natural...then again thats just me.

But overall its coming along nicely.

I will soon get my Fallout 3 for PC, at which point I will start looking into the GECK. In fact, I'll start now.

Also, I don't remember this being discussed, but do you have a name for the town? Please don't make it a name that is general to the area ie Rivet City (River city :P)

Actually, I think what you're noticing is how there isn't any support columns holding up the roof over the porch. At each of those corners on the porch there should be a post or something holding them up. Otherwise it doesn't look natural. That can also give you an idea of the next level of destruction.

The front area that comes out is not a column, it is actualy a small entry room with a window on each of the three sides, I just don't have the windows in yet

and I do have some columns in the work, but they are takeing some time, since I am putting in quite a bit of detail, it also has a small fence around the front porch

that looks great......

should have a Walter (from Megaton) type character for the purifier, with a quest to fix up the purifier, then bring him various bits of scrap metal for caps, maybe have the purifier look a little nicer after bringing him a certain amount of scrap metal (be completely broken before the quest, then get better with the amount of metal)

Ok, a list of what I will add when I get to the blueprint

any objections speak now, because once I make the blueprint I probly won't be changeing it :smile:

what floor things are on may or may not change when I am arrangeing the houses, all depends on how it starts looking

And yes, this time I will use something other than my usual blue and green text :biggrin: im sure you guys are getting tired of that

01 - Tavern

-first floor-

Bar Room

Bartender's Room

Bartender's Bathroom

Men's Restroom

Women's Restroom

-second floor-

Hotel Room 1

Hotel Room 2

Hotel Room 3

-basement-

Secret Basement (drugs and gambling)

02 - General Store

-first floor-

Main Room

Stock Room

03 - Mayor's House

-first floor-

Living Room

Dinning Room

Mayor's Office

Master Bedroom

Master Bathroom

-Second Floor-

Popari's Bedroom

Lilac's Bedroom

Shared Bathroom

Mayor's Office

-Basement-

Storage Room

04 - Barber

-First Floor-

Barber shop

Bathroom

-Second Floor-

Dinning Room

Bedroom

05 - Open

Broken and must be built

06 - Medicine Shop

-First Floor-

Shop

Herb Room

Grandma's room

Bathroom

-Second Floor

Maxwell's room

Mellisa's room

07 - Open

Broken and must be built

08 - Barracks / Gate

-First Floor-

Town Gate

Bunk Room

Shooting Range

-Second Floor-

Watchtower / Sniper Post

-Basement-

Armory

09 - Bakery

-First Floor-

Dinning Room

Kitchen

Bathroom

Bedroom

10 - Player House

11 - Other Farm

-Main House-

Living Room

Dinning Room

Master Bedroom

Master Bathroom

Ann's Room

Ann's Bathroom

Her Brothers Room

Her Other Brothers Room

Shared Bathroom

-Barn-

Storage

Animal Stalls

Storefront

12 - Carpenter

-First Floor-

Showroom

Work Room

Bathroom

Bedroom

13 - Blacksmith

-First Floor-

Shop Room

Forge

Master Bedroom

Master Bathroom

Maria's Bedroom

Maria's Bathroom

14 - Library

-First Floor-

Book Room

Museum Room

Maria's Work Room

Bathroom

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8418/screenshot265.jpg

Hmm...the "other farm" building... I feel too much is on the first floor... Perhaps, combine Anns bedroom + bathroom, so the bathroom is just a small room near her other wall. And, maybe shift all the bedrooms to the top floor? If so, you could also switch the 3rd and 2nd floor (3rd floor is an idea)

You mentioned that you wanted the Super Mutant Barber to play on GNR... why would he be there, playing his guitar? :P

Oh! perhaps the way that you find the town, is a tip that the Super Mutant Barber gives off on the radio?