Dynamic and Growing Town

Tony the Wookie

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks great

maybe make the houses out of a mixture of brick and wood (though that would be a pain to build and not make all the houses look the same)

I think fairly intact brick would be kinda rare (just like wood) and there wouldn't be anything to bind it

maybe have some metal plating with sandbags on the inside, but that would look too much like Megaton

could have some wooden planks stuck together or something

maybe primitive concrete made from water plus small bits of rubble and dust/etc.?

bricks could work, but would need alot of explaining

the bar could be a big several story building near the entrance (very impressive face to grab traveler's attention)

this is like the bar from Cheers, right?

http://www.laavenue.com/images/cheers%20bar.jpg

Well, the Player House, Mayor's House, Tavern, and mabe a few other various buildings will be Pre-War houses that had major repairs done, and really, wood would be much more likely to still be standing after the bomb...

I know for sure that the wall around the town will be a combination of stone sections, uniform brick sections, and thrown together various size and shape brick sections... I'll even have brick ontop of stone and stuff like that. I wan't it too look very patchwork like. The Barracks will be made out of the exact same texture

I want a variety of buildings as well, since it is a wasteland and they would just be grabbing whatever resources they can find, so I need to find a way to make the town look good with a combination

Pre-War rebuilt buildings

Post-War brick and stone structures

and Post-War log cabins

I wan't to use the different buildings based on when they were built

The town was first started by the current Mayor's grandpa (Charles) and Franklin the Ghoul, who were at the time part of a group of Raiders. The Raiders had sucessfully gotten into a Vault and destroyed the place and split anything of value between themselves (and by value, that includes the surviving Vault Dwelers as slaves). As his part of the loot, Charles just wanted the water purifier.

After the takeover of the Vault, Charles and Franklin left the Raiders with the idea of using the Water Purifier and setting up a business selling water to the people of the Wasteland. They found the remains of a mansion by a small pond that they could use the water purifier on. It was in pretty decent shape considering it was in the middle of a Wasteland. Soon they had customers giveing them all the suplies they could need. They soon hired a guy who was a skilled carpenter and a team of workers to fix up the mansion, as well as the tavern. The carpenter also fixed up a building for himself in the town. They also set up a small farm and repaired the remains of the pre war house to have the farm hands live in

So the first four buildings are the Mayor's house, then the Tavern, the Carpenter's place, and the Farm House eventualy belonging to the player, all of which would be the remains of pre war houses

Then as more people started comeing to the town, and Charles started worrying about security, so him and the rest of the people that had joined up with him went about collecting all the brick and stones they could find around the area.

(cement if deffinatly possible, considering the Roman's had cement, and modern third world countries like Haiti have it as well, so building with cement and brick/stone marerials would be an obvious choice)

They build the Wall and the Barracks in order to keep people from getting into the town without permission, and then they set up a tradeing store for official business and a blacksmith. They also set up a house for the people working on the town, which later becomes the Library

So the next set of buildings includes the Town Wall, Barraks, Blacksmith, Library, and Barber, which will all be made Post War out of a combination of stone and bricks.

The town stays like that for a while, and then a man from Point Lookout comes in search of a safe place to settle down. Charles offers him protection in their city if he would allow them to take his boat back to Point Lookout and colect Punga Fruit seeds and Lumber. They bring back a huge load of lumber that they use to build Log Cabins and repair the older buildings. (there is still a pile of extra lumber in the city today, which will be used as you make repairs to the town) The guy from point lookout eventualy takes his boat apart and builds a second farm in the town.

So the third set of building would be the Second Farm, made out of lumber and boat peices, and then the log cabin structures for the Medicine Shop, the Bakery, and the General Store.

The remaining two open houses will probly be re-made pre-war houses, but much more repaired, since those houses were in far worse shape than the origional ones

it looks great

maybe make the houses out of a mixture of brick and wood (though that would be a pain to build and not make all the houses look the same)

I think fairly intact brick would be kinda rare (just like wood) and there wouldn't be anything to bind it

maybe have some metal plating with sandbags on the inside, but that would look too much like Megaton

could have some wooden planks stuck together or something

maybe primitive concrete made from water plus small bits of rubble and dust/etc.?

bricks could work, but would need alot of explaining

the bar could be a big several story building near the entrance (very impressive face to grab traveler's attention)

this is like the bar from Cheers, right?

http://www.laavenue.com/images/cheers%20bar.jpg

It looks like the same bar, or at least it has the Island kind of layout that I was talking about

I just like that it has the Bar in the middle and room for regular tables around it, and it would take up enough room to put 3 rooms upstairs

Still looking great, glad you showed us some more pics! I'm truly loving the house, I'm guessing it's the players? Oh, and will it start off looking kinda destroyed, and you have to fix it up?

And the city "pre"blueprints are looking good :)

EDIT: I plan on selling my ps3 version of Fallout 3 for the PC version. And to be honest, it's mostly because of this mod ( Very little of another mod :P )

Well like you I've been silently checking out this mod, and I agree.

And selling you're PS3 version for the PC version, you will not regret, I've got over 100 mods, and I'm hungry for more, they're awesome.

Another idea for the girlfriends. I'm always the type that tries to make friends with everybody. So what if one of the girls (that you're not planning on getting really close to) gets the wrong idea, and make's a move on you. But when you tell her that's not the kind of relationship you want. She leaves, and doesn't talk to you for weeks (depending on her personality).

I've got the Mutant Barber done, inasmuch as it can be completed right now.

The first stages of both Karen and Maria are done, as well as some background on Karen and a memoir mini-quest for Maria.

Ellie is created and has her framework done as well as some beginning dialogue.

Grandkid2 exists and can tell you about her raider adventures.

I have also done a lot on another girl I'm working on for this town outside of Tony's stated NPCs.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2890/thehouse16.jpg

It doesn't look as different as it is

but I went through and connected all 3 of the bottom level roofs into one seemless peice, and then went through and fixed issues with the geometry, that arn't real noticable on the render, but would have caused problems when I unwrap the thing, I also decreased the poly count of the main body of the house from 856 to 660. I will still have to make some low poly windows and stuff, since each window is between 700 and 1000 polys...