Dynamic and Growing Town

Tony the Wookie

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some new names in the works, thanks to Sti3ld3rby69, I will get them up soon as well

non-player relationships-

These relationships would happen between two npcs if you have not gotten past the freinds stage with them and the dialogue required is completed. Once the npc starts a relationship with someone else you no longer have the option to have a relationship with them.

Once in a relationship the npc will spend more time in the area with their counterpart. They will also replace the relationship dialogue with them talking about how much they love their counterpart. Other npcs may or may not comment on the relationship when talking to the player character. Once the relationship starts the relationship with the player is permanentally closed.

Elli and Marcus (new name for Anna's Brother)

Marcus has had a crush on Elli ever since she moved into the town. He took over the duty of delivering food from the farm to the bakery to get the chance to be around Elli. He is constantly in the bakery delivering stuff or trying Elli's new food and stuff. He is the only one that will try some of Elli's crazy new ideas. Elli, however, is pretty oblivious when people are hitting on her. She just figures that Marcus really likes her food.

When you talk to Marcus he will tell you that he likes Elli. You can then talk to Elli and get her to understand how Marcus really feels. Elli is overjoyed when she finally realises the obvious fact that Marcus is in love with her (everyone else in the town could see it, just not Elli...) Soon after they begin their relationship.

Anna and Austin (new name for Cliff)

Anna and Austin both like each other, but because of Anna's father Jacob threatening him, Ausin stays away from Anna. Since he is new to the town, and he knows if he gets into it with Jacob that he would probly get thrown out back into the Wasteland, where he already had a lot of enemies, and now has even more after all the people he has killed as a sniper protecting the city.

If you talk to Jacob and can convice him to leave Austin alone, then Anna and Austin will begin their relationship.

Popari and the Bartender

Popari and the Bartender show interest in each other from the begining. If you don't make a move on eather of them in a certain number of days after meeting them, then they will automatically start seeing each other.

Karen and Maria

Ok, this one I am going to have to put the most depth into, just so people don't think I just put them together because I am a pervert that injoys haveing bisexual girls get together (though I would be lying if I said I didn't...) But I want it to be a little more than just girl on girl action.

Karen and Maria were once the best of freinds up untill around the age of 15. When Karen's family died and she started acting all eratic and emotional, Maria didn't know what to do. Being the introvert she is, she backed away into her own little corner when Karen got all angry and hard to talk to. Though Karen was being irational and not wanting to talk to anyone, she was really doing the emo girl thing of acting all pissed off to get attention because she felt betrayed and alone. The fact that the person she cared more about than anyone shyed away from her caused Karen to put up even more of a tough girl barrier and keep people away from her.

This was not helped by the rising sexual tension between the two. Ever since they were old enough for boys to start paying attention to them, Maria would act all jelous and such and try to keep boys away from Karen. The fact that there was the budding of their forbbiden relationship that they both tried to deny at first caused even more akwardness between the girls.

Both of them being intoverted and on the shy side, neither one would leave their comfort zone to try to get back together with the other. For almost two years they don't even speak to each other. Karen turns to stealing books from the library at night as opposed to haveing to deal with the tension between her and Maria. The true truly miss each other and feel lonely and empty without the other one, but they are too shy to come out and fix their relationship.

This is where the player's character steps in. Once you get the two to the freinds stage they will ocationaly mention something about their old best freind and the like. Maria will mention the missing books from the library, mentioning that there is only one other person in the town that actually reads novels, but she will cut the conversation off not telling you who. You can go to Franklin, Anna, or Maria's parents and they will tell you of how the two were once best freinds.

After you get the information you can begin to persuade the two to start talking to each other again. If you havn't moved past the freinds stage with eather of them, as soon as you get them to start talking again they will fall deeply in love and admit their true feelings for each other. From then on you will rarely see them apart.

This relationship will get the most comments of suprise and pure shock from the other npcs in the town. And you will also get comments about Karen not being such a little emo bitsch anymore...

Here's a thought: Somebody can request you to kill somebody and when you do, if you do, it will be news all over the town. If they find out then they get hostile to you. Or if you turn in whoever asked you to kill then you will get rewarded and the evil doer will get thrown in the town jail.

Also, maybe it's a 1/100 change each day that somebody will break out of the town jail. If it happens to be the person you snitched on, they will have a price on your head. That would be awesome.

Here's a thought: Somebody can request you to kill somebody and when you do, if you do, it will be news all over the town. If they find out then they get hostile to you. Or if you turn in whoever asked you to kill then you will get rewarded and the evil doer will get thrown in the town jail.

Also, maybe it's a 1/100 change each day that somebody will break out of the town jail. If it happens to be the person you snitched on, they will have a price on your head. That would be awesome.

that would be kinda interesting, but that seems to be just asking for a slaughter

maybe one or two of the really jealous people could have you kill someone, kinda like the quest to get Charon (kill the waitress in Underworld)

but that could get a little vicious and hard to write, since that character would have several days of people mentioning their death, then they couldn't be in anymore of the dialogue or quests

We have a jail?

That seems like a whole different section...would definitely slow down some development time. A "Hitman" mod WITHIN this mod, which already includes: realistic life, agriculture, and relationship building, seems like another huge bump in the road. Awesome suggestion, maybe just for a later time?

Also, Tony, may want to start backing up character details on Notepad at the very least. Other than that it's ok to be unorganized for the time being. It's just a pain in the ass losing stuff than having to redo it (especially in Max, KEEP BACKUPS!)

We're almost done with all the naming! Woo! I could maybe name all the town locations next? Long as you have a list without us having a map. I am not sure...let me know.

Quests and stuff of that nature really isn't my area. I figure, if I build this town and make it good, other modders will see the potential and add stuff.

I plan on allowing other modders to use my town to build any sort of quests apon it. I have takeing this into acount and left extra buildings for growing room and such. But I don't know much about quests, so I don't feel like I should eather be in charge of that or get credit when people make quests. So people will always have the option to make a quest for my town, and upload it as an add-on on their own page if they choose, that way they will get the credit they diserve, as long as they arn't releasing my textures and meshes on their page. Or if they choose than can also put it on my page with my files.

But personally, I really don't want to dedicate the time into learning the ins and outs of quest designing, since it is a fairly complicated process and I would rather spend my time working on my texturing and modeling skills.

When I finish with building this town, inside and out, I will do what I can to help getting the complex dialogue system up and running, and then I plan on moveing on to adding custom outfits and hair and body types for the characters. But any of the hair and clothes will be add ons later, the mod will probly be released before I get this stuff done.

Here is what I plan on haveing done for the initial release

1. Fully build town exterior with new custom meshes and textures for the houses, the wall, and various clutter needed around the town. Each exterior peice will have at least 3 different versions varrying in damage. This will feature 12 finished buildings, and then 2 ruined buildings and 2 empty plots for expansion later on.

2. A system that allows you to gain points that build up toward repairing individual buildings or the town as a whole (each time you reach an upgrade point, the building will be replaced by the next level up, until it is in its top condition)

3. Plants models, anything from the vegtables you grow to flowers and other vegetation that can be planted around the town.

4. A system that allows you to find seeds around the wasteland and put them in pre-determined plots, where they will be available to be picked in a set number of days. This could range from vegatables you can eat, sell, or trade, or flowers to make the town look better or give to people as gifts.

5. Fully finished interiors for the 12 origional buildings with unique items made specifically for them.

6. The ability to purchase items for your personal house as well as give them to others who will put them in their house

7. 22 new npcs with dialogue

8. A crazy complex dialogue system interconnecting those 22 npcs

9. The dateing system that allows the player to go from meeting a npc all the way to falling in love and haveing them move into your house

10. A shop system that allows you to invest particular items into stores that will later pay off with them giveing you cool stuff, as well as helping them repair their building. (such as getting rid of un-needed amo by giveing it to the blacksmith and him giveing you 44 magnum ammo later on to thank you, or giveing all those useless pre-war clothes you find to the general store, where she will end up makeing you something cool)

11. The ability to add deffenses to the town, from repairing various robots, training Yao Gui, or just giveing that T-51b and 100% condition Gatling Laser you never use to the guy protecting the gate.

12. A system where the town will get attacked and you will be warned ahead of time so you can help them deffend.

That alone is almost too much without adding quests ontop of that...

But just because I am not going to be working on it doesn't mean you shouldn't share your ideas, because mabe someone else reading this actualy does know how to do quests and will want to make it as an add on to my mod.

I will also say one last thing, if anyone does want to make quests for this, and needs some meshes or textures, I can deffinatly help in that department, but not too much with anything else.

It must suck re-writing all that, I once lost all my save games on Fo3, And I didn't feel like re-playing all the levels :(