Dynamic and Growing Town

Tony the Wookie

Alrighty. I'm gonna go through name by name. We got...:

Anna's Family --------> Shelling Family: Marcus Shelling - Oldest Brother, Jacob Shelling - Father, Zackary (Biblical Name) or Rhodes (Holistic Name) Shelling - Youngest Brother, Anna Shelling - Daughter

Carpenter --------> Jeremiah Dixon

Cliff --------> Austin Reed

Mayor's Family --------> Greenfield Family: Cale Greenfield - Mayor, Popari (Acacia, Correy, Hazel, Sage) Greenfield - Daughter, (Summer, Susan, Sheryl, Barbara, Kaleigh) Greenfield - Mother, Lilly Greenfield - Daughter

Bartender --------> Lee Dezparda

Maria's Family --------> Kaplan Family: Rick Kaplan - Father, (Jessica, Amber, Erin, Erika, Rachael) Kaplan - Mother, Maria (Emma, Brooke, Kelsey) Kaplan - Daughter

General --------> Sherman Rahavi

Old Lady's Family --------> Ryder Family: Helena Ryder - Old Lady, Tristan Ryder - Grandson, Melissa Ryder - Granddaughter

Elli --------> Jennifer Davis, or (Susan, Sheryl, Kathleen, Virginia, Joyce, Patricia, Beverly, Judith or Judy)...last name? - Relation?

Ghoul --------> Franklin, or (Enson, Anton, Daniel, Jaxon)

Barber --------> (Crunkle, Billstead, Yorgen, Haggard)

Everything in GREY is completed (or so I thought).

Everything in GREEN is based on your decision. All the suggestions are there. If you want more, let me know and I'll cook em up, no effort spared.

[[NAME SUGGESTIONS:

Male - First Names: Desmond, Isaiah, Cornelius, Ezekiel, Kasey, Jesse, Leland, Lochlan, Kolton, Elias, Owen, Quentin, Demetrius, Sherman, Zackary, Brayden, Tyshawn

Male - Last Names: Lazarus, Heyworth, Brooks, Mayer, Brodt, Shelling, Julian, Townsend, Rhodes, Schmidt, Brodt, Shelling, Julian, Townsend, Rhodes, Schmidt, Rayl, Reed, Culp, Faerer, Muehler, Field, Lerner, Krueller, Ford, Olson, Xavier, Rias, Jermaine, Dyson, Dixon, Goodspeed, Lighton, Brecken, Greenfield, Raygell, Aubrey, Elherd, Harver, Jameson, Forreguth, Teilly, Relenthal, Kellen, Aherd, Rahav, Freese, Gustafson, Aluralle, Tyko, Tykes

Female - First Names: Roselyn, Amber, Helena, Autumn, Kaleigh, Nyla, Nia, Naomi, Brianne, Evelynn, Ashlynn, Arianna, Sarena

Female - Last Names: Aftin, Loeren, Staed, Haelen, Raelynn, Faygan, Merrick, Wellford, Crofton, Gelding, Plymmist, Herald, Meeks, Becken, Kaplan, Harborough, Boumuth, Brodt, Shelling, Julian, Townsend, Rhodes, Schmidt, Worrow, Morren, Smytheson, Harbroht, Sienagal, Warmon, Ryder, Bonham, Lester, Detrick, Gearney

Brodt, Shelling, Julian, Townsend, Rhodes, Schmidt, Larson, Jacobs, Lester, Devonn, Williams, Ryanne, Parks, Aerium, Beryll, Steed, Pinestith, Roosevelt, Jackson, Lincoln, Washington, Massey]]

If this isn't enough for you people to squabble over...may god help us all.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like:

Zackary Shelling

Hazel Greenfield

Sheryl Greenfield (It sounds like a mayor's wife name)

Rachael Kaplan (sounds Motherish)

Kelsey Kaplan (sounds nice)

Elli or Beverly

Franklin (sounds right)

Crunkle or Haggard

Zackary should go by Zack, maybe

and fewer biblical names would make more sense, since there wouldn't be very many bibles left, and people wouldn't give the remaining ones very much importance

Maybe Zackary's parents were friends with Marcella and decided to give him a biblical name.

I have a feeling no one is going to agree on any of the names...

I should have predicted that, names and meanings varry way too much from person to person...

However, I do not want to keep them the same. As I said before, I ripped them straight out of another game (Harvest Moon 64 to be exact) and started building the characters around the basic ideas of each of those characters. This is a technique I have used several times when trying to make a cast of characters for stuff I wright. But I always have to change the names once the characters start gaining a personality of their own, that way I won't continue to conect them to the characters they are based on, and they can develope along their own character path, not being hendered by the placeholder character from the other game/story or whatever...

Plus, they arn't good names... I respect your opinions, but nothing you say is going to make me think anything but old lady when I see the name Elli or the name Karen...

So if you can come up with a better name, then great, but please don't tell me to use the old ones, because that simply cannot happen...

I have a feeling no one is going to agree on any of the names...

I should have predicted that, names and meanings varry way too much from person to person...

However, I do not want to keep them the same. As I said before, I ripped them straight out of another game (Harvest Moon 64 to be exact) and started building the characters around the basic ideas of each of those characters. This is a technique I have used several times when trying to make a cast of characters for stuff I wright. But I always have to change the names once the characters start gaining a personality of their own, that way I won't continue to conect them to the characters they are based on, and they can develope along their own character path, not being hendered by the placeholder character from the other game/story or whatever...

Plus, they arn't good names... I respect your opinions, but nothing you say is going to make me think anything but old lady when I see the name Elli or the name Karen...

So if you can come up with a better name, then great, but please don't tell me to use the old ones, because that simply cannot happen...

...dude. I put up about 35 suggestions each. You can find something.

And thank you guys for the input on some of the other stuff. It was kinda vague, but at least we're in the right vein.

EDIT: Biblical names usually don't get passed down by bible-enthusiasts. They have become fairly common, and I'm sure that they have been passed on by many a family. Not all bible-readers need to name their children after such characters, and the same goes for "other" people.

I am using your ideas in my list

I am talking to the people that don't like my list, that if they can come up with something new and better, then tell me, but I am not going to go with the old names

The biggest problem with names is that we form ideas about names based on who we have known with that name, which will be nothing at all like the people someone else has met with that same name...

The fact that every Karen and Elli I have ever met was over 50, makes it hard for me to keep it as a name for a young girl. I am more likely to use names of girls I went to High School with or whatever.

But I still don't understand what exactly makes a "Post-War" Fallout name... :mellow:

I personally like the list that I put up a few pages back, but I just wanted to give everyone a chance to voice their opinions.

a few biblical names if you want to know are jonathan , mathew , judas , daniel , exodus , issah , james , joel , luke , mark , noah , peter , samuel , joshua , ruth , timothy , jeremy , hosea , malachia , jonah , habakkuk , zephaniah , and haggai

...i have a christian family so i cracked open a bible

You just read all the "Books" with names in them, or the well known ones (Noah) :no:

I am using your ideas in my list

I am talking to the people that don't like my list, that if they can come up with something new and better, then tell me, but I am not going to go with the old names

The biggest problem with names is that we form ideas about names based on who we have known with that name, which will be nothing at all like the people someone else has met with that same name...

The fact that every Karen and Elli I have ever met was over 50, makes it hard for me to keep it as a name for a young girl. I am more likely to use names of girls I went to High School with or whatever.

But I still don't understand what exactly makes a "Post-War" Fallout name... :mellow:

I personally like the list that I put up a few pages back, but I just wanted to give everyone a chance to voice their opinions.

That's fine. I've known people with tons of these kinds of names at various ages. Just because someone is named something that society deems "different" doesn't make it bad.

Oh and please stop with the biblical names. We get it.