Dynamic and Growing Town

Tony the Wookie

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a collapsed highway/overpass right out of town. That's how I decided to use concrete in the first place :)

I do have plans to put up some kind of sniper tower/crow's nest but I haven't got to it yet.

Good idea. Making the walls anything higher than 10 or 15 feet though would be kinda ridiculous. Look at the Citadel...those are professionals that built that thing around a building already there. So to get all of this stuff and make a NEW and MORE FORTIFIED complex wouldn't make too much sense. Don't go overboard. As for the east and southeast...is there any kind of gate/fence/physical boundary at all? I couldn't really tell, even though I saw there was a "Guard" posting over there.

merry christmas

thats pretty cool

does anybody know if a rocking anim would work when sat in (maybe even when not sat in....)

Animating it in 3Ds Max is easy, however

I don't have a clue how to make animations in Fallout...

But I can look into it later, it can't be too much harder than makeing animations in 3Ds Max

should make one of the curved peices at the bottom look like it was replaced with a peice of metal or something, and take out one of the bars on the back, and put a few mysterious looking (reddish) splatters on the seat, but that'll be later

is there an old crotchety character who would sit on that all day with a shotgun?

(I know its so cliche, but it could be cool)

Ok, I got a blueprint for the Tavern

didn't want to get my scanner out though, so I just took a picture with my camera... I'll get a better pic later

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm98/Supernaut14/Town/DSC00094.jpg

I tried to make it as easy to read as possible, but I don't really have any expereince makeing blueprints, so tell me if there is anything you don't understand or whatever

edit*

Got a few other buildings too

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm98/Supernaut14/Town/DSC00095.jpg

There is a collapsed highway/overpass right out of town. That's how I decided to use concrete in the first place :)

I do have plans to put up some kind of sniper tower/crow's nest but I haven't got to it yet.

Good idea. Making the walls anything higher than 10 or 15 feet though would be kinda ridiculous. Look at the Citadel...those are professionals that built that thing around a building already there. So to get all of this stuff and make a NEW and MORE FORTIFIED complex wouldn't make too much sense. Don't go overboard. As for the east and southeast...is there any kind of gate/fence/physical boundary at all? I couldn't really tell, even though I saw there was a "Guard" posting over there.

There is a fence/hedgrow. One of the main premises of the town is that they are growing crops and I didn't think it made sense to a) wall them off from their fields or b) wall in their fields with them. So I used the landscape that was there, which includes the fences and hedges. You can go there in your game and see them.