Dynamic and Growing Town

Tony the Wookie

thanks for the colors, changed them, removed the body type/hairstyle info, and took out my intro, all in that big post

I'm pretty sure thats all thats been posted on this thread, I'm pretty sure there was more on those pages that disappeared, but not sure

you've made a basic thing for all the interiors, just not the little details are the way you want, right?

Only 5 are done so far, but the rest are comeing

what I will do after that is go through and make some custom items, like a large dinning table for the bakery and some recolored beds and some new cabnets and stuff like that

I also want to retexture the walls and floor, so every house isn't the same exact color, and because there arn't default wall peices with the amount of wear and tear that I want. They are all either way too much or Tranquility Lane style clean, neither of them really fit a well taken care of, but still post apocolyptic house.

but what I meant on my last post was the character other than the girls

I am going to keep the hair and body type changes on the girls, but the rest of the people in the town will be more vanilla

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay

that fits, it seemed like even the most lived in houses (think Andale) were in terrible condition

so you've given up on custom hair, I assume

the table for the bakery should be a big wooden slab on fat, stubby column like legs, seems like that would fit well, and be pretty unique

oh.....

I can put the info back, if you want, still have the stuff in a word doc

okay

that fits, it seemed like even the most lived in houses (think Andale) were in terrible condition

so you've given up on custom hair, I assume

the table for the bakery should be a big wooden slab on fat, stubby column like legs, seems like that would fit well, and be pretty unique

oh.....

I can put the info back, if you want, still have the stuff in a word doc

No, I am still going to do the hair, just not for the OTHER npcs

I will be doing hair for the relationship NPCs, but not for the rest of the town

The main difference between places like Andale and my town is that they don't have a trained carpenter and a water purifier to trade for supplies :wink:

The wood will be poor quality and unfinished, but the Carpenter still knows how to make a decent looking table

kind of like this table, from the 1700s, just bigger and probly round

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww331/pcoe23/IMG_table2.jpg

But I am going to have a lathe and working saws and stuff in the carpenters shop, if they still have working computers in Megaton, then I can have a working lathe... it is much simpler technology

http://www.rolandandcaroline.co.uk/lathe/lathe1.jpg

I also want to build some interior peices that look something like this

http://mappletonmill.co.uk/mappletonmill/200805%20ceilings%20and%20room%20framework.jpg

I have been thinking about being able to add additions onto the house, but it would be a lot of extra work on makeing the meshes and textures, but I may eventually get to it.

I would have the regular house mesh, and then have one more that has the framework and work in progress stuff, and then a final finished one. It would take several days for the carpenter to finish everything.

I might even blow up the garage part on the player house and have you re-build it by paying the carpenter

But I will have to see on that

yes, a lathe is quite simple compared to a computer, and why are so many still working?

no one would really pay much attention to the other NPCs, or care, so that works

that could get interesting about the source of the blast (and paying the CARPENTER ;), but rafters sounds nice, especially for the post war houses, and some of the more heavily repaired prewar ones

I have added a couple of characters to the Tavern, whom you may or may not recognize. I believe they are unique in the game in that they are hireable by the player, not as companions, but to go off and complete quests for you that you are either unable or unwilling to do yourself. The catch is, they don't want money, they want other precious items. You see, they are thoroughly evil, and want rare and beautiful things so that they can destroy them. So, for example, maybe the price for fetching GNR's dish for you is Yew's Bear Charm (just an example).

So I ask, what quests do you find most annoying or difficult and never accomplish as a result?

What items in the game do you find to be the most unique, rare, or beautiful?

The most annoying quests have to be Moira's quests, the Main Quest (Pre Broken Steel), and the Oasis quest.

I think you should make rare, hard to get items and scatter them around the wasteland. Make them quite powerful, but balanced enough to be useful, but not so useful as to make people always use them and not give them to the NPCs.

You should also avoid using items gained from quests, as that would destroy the point of getting people to do quests for you!

For example, one using vanilla stuff could be an NPC finishes the Strictly Business quest in exchange for the Mesmetron, or make an NPC complete You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head in exhange for a bunch of pulse grenades and the Victory Rifle.

Another could be the NPC clears out an area, like the Deathclaw Sanctuary, in exchange for The Terrible Shotgun, and bring you back the loot, or something. You should make it apply to things other than quests.

can you just give them a child in exchange for completing a quest for you?

why a child?

and how would you get a child?

and what do you mean?

that would depend on the character anyway

OH

the quest with the kid from the town with ants, you could send him to the town once you discover it and ask around about kids (basically just a map marker check that triggers convo options with the villagers that add an objective to his quest about taking him to the town)

we need a better name for it...... (the town)