Dynamic and Growing Town

Tony the Wookie

It has officialy been 2 weeks since I started working on this mod :biggrin:

I got more done than I expected too in that short of time, even though it feels like it has been a lot longer...

Yes, I didn't see Ellie's room in the blueprints...for that matter, I didn't see Karen's room either... :huh:

Ellie seems to be the right kinda person, but why does she dislike/not want to talk to the Super Mutant Barber and the Ghoul...who I don't think I have heard of before :P

Can't wait to see Popari! And the houses!

Anyone raised in the Enclave would be cautious around Super Mutants and Ghouls, and don't worry, I will get some more information about Franklin the Ghoul out once I get some things worked out

But as far as the rooms, Ellie lives in the back room or the Bakery (building 9, on page 10 of this topic), and Karen lives in the Barraks and sometimes stays at the Hotel. She also has a secret room that belonged to her parents in the basement of the Barraks (her father was the head gaurd before he died) and she keeps her stuff there (books and guitars and stuff she doesn't want people to find) but she never sleeps there.

about Ellie's childhood.....

that Enclave program is kinda like Hitler's Youths (I think it was called)

and thats questionably canon on the Enclave breaking into a Vault and having a youth propaganda program (I know thats being unnecessarily picky, but I'm just pointing that out)

though wanting to spread her gift of cooking to the wasteland sounds a bit flimsy, she was either misinformed (GREATLY misinformed at that) or just naive

so will she have her own building, or a room somewhere, maybe a restaurant or a stall/tent selling food

I am far from a Fallout cannon expert, considering I have only played a little bit of Fallout 1 and 2 but never finished, but I was always under the impression that it was not only something the Enclave would do, but it was their primary mission...

I always though that was the whole reason the Enclave existed, to rebuild America after the bombs by opening up the Vaults and repopulating the world with true red-blooded capatalist Americans, and destroy all mutated people and communists...

But that is just my take on things? What exactly makes you think they wouldn't do that?

And as far as Ellie goes, she just wants to help out whatever people she can in the Wasteland, by giveing them food to help them survive. She sets up her resturaunt in the town and want to have traders spread the fresh, non-iradiated food to the people around the Wasteland, but has so far no been able to spread the gift of non-poisonous food to anyone but the small town.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played through FO1 & FO2 (yet) but I've spent hours on the Fallout wiki

I didn't mean that its not something they WOULDN'T do, I meant that nothing says that they do or don't

plus where would the children be held, the oil rig was on the other side of the country, and Raven Rock didn't seem like the place that a bunch of kids would be running around

and I don't think theres any mention of the Enclave succeeding in breaking into a Vault (though they tried to break into 101)

but not all of the Vaults are accounted for

so you could make an addon to this mod, or a future update involving Ellie wanting one of her prized childhood posessions that the Enclave wouldn't let her take, getting something like that from the Vault that she lived in before the Enclave broke in

maybe just have her mention it, but not go into much detail, then when/if you add something like that, change the dialogue so that she goes into further detail and gives you a general location of the Vault

though thats just a suggestion, it'd be a fair amount of work to build a small Vault

or maybe she left it when she left the Enclave?

either way, not a small amount of work

I could have the vault somehow break down, so the people of the Vault go to the Enclave for help, and the Enclave accepts the people from the Vault because they are 'Pure'

Or the Vault could just open after its scedueled amount of years, and the Enclave is there waiting to welcome the Vault dwelers to the Enclave

I never really meant for it to be some sort of hostile takeover of the vault, though when I go back and read it, it sounds like I did...

but how the Enclave gets into the Vault really isn't much of a big deal

As far as a quest, there are a lot of people out there who have made vaults and havn't done too much with them, so when I get this project closer to complete, I could see if any of them are interested in colaborating on some sort of quest like that, even if it just means sticking a small stuffed animal in the vault that someone already has a quest for or whatever, and you find it and bring it back, and then you get laid :D

I am all for colaborating with anyone that wants to involve my mod in their quests, though that will be at a much later stage, right now I still need to finish these houses and the wall around the town....

I am going to do a combination of re-build pre war houses, and post war build log cabin style houses, I plan on working on the tavern next

If anyone has an idea on what the Tavern should look like, throw up some pictures

the interior could look kinda like this (though way more wastelandish/old/notso fancy)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2051/2372123125_8e92d544a3.jpg

(its Old Ebbit's Grill in RL DC)

or with peeling plaster walls, and low lighting, with a bar and a few tables (kinda like Moriarty's in Megaton)

but make it look like it was really nice before the war, and it never really got touched by the bombs, but still pretty post apoc

maybe a square bar in the center of the room, with tables scattered around, and some kinda back part of the room with doors to the backroom and stuff

about the Vault.....

a forced thing would fit more, since the Enclave DID try to break into 101, but maybe not quite as violent, just get people to join the Enclave or stay there (though make staying there seem a bit like a death sentence, in the Enclave fashion)

I like the picture, I think haveing very nicely crafted stuff inside would be pretty cool, all of it would have great workmanship and a lot of nice detail, but it would be splintered and broken, from the bomb and years of neglect. But a lot of it would look like they tried to put it back together

but the main goal is to have it look as far from Moriarty's Salloon as possible while haveing it still look like a bar

But I was more thinking on working on the exterior at the moment

I like the picture, I think haveing very nicely crafted stuff inside would be pretty cool, all of it would have great workmanship and a lot of nice detail, but it would be splintered and broken, from the bomb and years of neglect. But a lot of it would look like they tried to put it back together

but the main goal is to have it look as far from Moriarty's Salloon as possible while haveing it still look like a bar

yes, more like the pic than Moriarty's

could build a few new kinds of liquor to go behind the bar.....

maybe make the bar a little shorter?

maybe the bar against the right wall (like the pic) with stairs leading up to the second floor (can't remember the layout for the bar) but have them tucked away in a corner so they don't stick out like all the other stairs/don't take up quite as much space, the stairs could lead to storage/somebody's room/office maybe

could have a dancefloor type area across from the bar

not sure how well that fits the floorplan, but it could be rearranged

the funny thing is ..... the worst things you could ever say about my mom... are actually true.

zing!!

I agree, I was over at my friends house the other day, and he kept dissing my mom, and I would just agree, so he stopped now :)

yes, more like the pic than Moriarty's

could build a few new kinds of liquor to go behind the bar.....

maybe make the bar a little shorter?

maybe the bar against the right wall (like the pic) with stairs leading up to the second floor (can't remember the layout for the bar) but have them tucked away in a corner so they don't stick out like all the other stairs/don't take up quite as much space, the stairs could lead to storage/somebody's room/office maybe

could have a dancefloor type area across from the bar

not sure how well that fits the floorplan, but it could be rearranged

Thats the thing, I don't have a floorplan yet, so I was working through some ideas

Do you think it should be pretty big? I was also thinking mabe haveing the bar be in the middle and circle around (if you have every seen the show Cheers, kind of like that bar) But I am not really sure at the moment

The bar area can't be too small because I am going to fit 3 rooms upstairs...

It is probly going to be the main attraction of the town, where most of the outsiders can be found