Dynamic and Growing Town

Tony the Wookie

what i really like about this is the fact that you want to make this town evolve based on how you help it. Ever since i started playing fallout i have been pretty angry that each town i spend hours helping doesnt prosper in any way. I think everytown should advance in looks, become more populated, more construction (buildings, huts, watch towers, etc.). I wanna feel like my wasteland is different than others wastelands that have the game. If someone could make even one city evolve and change, it would more than likely be my favorite mod. Now if someone could do every city like that..... id never get off the game.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i really like about this is the fact that you want to make this town evolve based on how you help it. Ever since i started playing fallout i have been pretty angry that each town i spend hours helping doesnt prosper in any way. I think everytown should advance in looks, become more populated, more construction (buildings, huts, watch towers, etc.). I wanna feel like my wasteland is different than others wastelands that have the game. If someone could make even one city evolve and change, it would more than likely be my favorite mod. Now if someone could do every city like that..... id never get off the game.

same and when i get better with the geck ill help with this mod..or try :thumbsup:

Could you make at least a guy who's bi for all of the girls that play as men? It's only fair, and I'm looking forward to the new PC hairstyles.

I would have no problem doing that

I actualy havn't done much at designing the guys at all, so if you have any ideas, please share

This is me officially volunteering to do some dialog/quest work when you're ready for it.

That would be awesome, though, it will be a while before the town or any of the characters are finnished

But, if you do want to start working on it now, you could try putting the diologue onto just a generic NPC and I will put the new hair and outfit and stuff ontop of that NPC and then move it into the city. But that is all up to you.

I think the quests wouldn't work too well untill the town and NPCs are a bit more finnished

However, the diologue of each relationship character is really going to turn out to be a kind of quest of its own, and each time you get a little further with the relationship it moves on to the next stage and the diologue changes. I think it would have to be based on some sort of point system or something, such as

* 1 point for talking to her (everything only works once per day)

* 5 points for gifts

* 10 points for really good gifts

* various points for things you say while in conversations

* 50 points for completing a quest for her

and stuff like that... and then when you get enough points it will complete that section of the quest and she will like you a bit more and have new diologue options and stuff

Then again, I am not an expert on how exactly dioglogue and quests work in this game, if you could experiment with that on some generic NPC diologue that would be cool

Also, did you want to write the diologue or just put it into the game? If you want to write it that is fine, but if you want me to write it, just tell me and I will write some stuff for a few characters

But anyways, if you want to wait till I am a little further with this mod that works just fine by me

I dont know if you already thought of this but when you get your relationship with someone to a certain level they can move into your house with you

Most deffinatly

I had been planning on it, but had forgot to write it down anywhere, thanks for reminding me :smile:

I absolutly hate the fact that everyone in Megaton acts exactly the same day one as they do after you get them the water from project purity... (well, exept Lucy West, who I completed her quest, but then some radscorpion attacked Arffu and now she hates me for some so called "massacre")

And Bigtown was a huge letdown... you help them out, but it still sucks just as much as always...

I like to go home every night, and no matter which home I stay at, there is absolutly nothing to do, and that is why I am makeing this

I am also going to take all of the models I make for this, and give them different levels of damage that will be replaced with the better versions as you help the town

Not a problem. I will start playing around with it. The points system you are describing should be trivial to do. That is pretty much the way the dialog/battle between Burke and Simms works in the vanilla game.

Oh, and I don't mind writing it myself. If you don't like it and want to change it you're not going to hurt my feelings.

Not a problem. I will start playing around with it. The points system you are describing should be trivial to do. That is pretty much the way the dialog/battle between Burke and Simms works in the vanilla game.

Oh, and I don't mind writing it myself. If you don't like it and want to change it you're not going to hurt my feelings.

sounds good to me

you writing the diologue saves me a lot of time, and as of right now, I really don't have much to go on anyways

but as far as where you start, I think Karen or Maria would be better examples, since their attitude changes are going to be more extream that the ones that are already freindly to most people in the first place

Karen is very rude to people she doesn't know well and won't open up and even give you her name untill you get to stage two in the relationship quest, and then she opens up more as you go along. But she tries to keep a tough badgirl exterior even though inside she is quite lonely.

Maria is really shy, so she won't start saying much to you untill you are nice to her for a while as well

Could you make at least a guy who's bi for all of the girls that play as men? It's only fair, and I'm looking forward to the new PC hairstyles.

I am not opposed to giving this a shot if Tony isn't. Having no experience with such things I will probably need some guidance in order to make it not completely stereotypical. PM sent.

To be fair you should make for ways to lose points too:

Say Sheila sees you buy Veronica a drink... -10 points. You don't call for 3 days... -5 points. You make naughty with Chloe... -100 & bullets fly.

Or make the girls totally unpredictable. Say you proudly bring Daphne a clean pre-war stroller outfit that you just scrounged, and she runs away crying.

And schedule about a week every month when you do the wrong thing no matter what you do.