Dynamic and Growing Town

Tony the Wookie

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should make basically like Fable where you can buy a house, renovate it and live in it or rent it out.

Have a sign in front of it that gives you the option to buy it, sell it, rent it out, and edit mode.

When you enter edit mode, there would be glowing blocks around the house, and activating these glowing blocks would give you the option to place furniture.

heres a concept drawing of the town gate, with an inner and an outer gate

I was thinking there could be a bunker with Tony the Wookie's tank on top, but it may not be possible to have an inside or a working gun for the tank, but I'm not sure how realistic it is to have the tank sitting atop the bunker

for the bunker, have it be basically a covered pit dug just high enough to see over (the ground would be at neck level) then sandbags surrounding the rest (maybe metal plates around the upper edge of the bunker to prevent the sandbags from falling in/stop bullets that penetrate sandbags, so in design, have metal plates on the inside, with sandbags on the outside) with a few gunholes/viewholes in the sandbags, and steps at the back of the bunker leading to a door that opens directly in front of the inner gate

for the tank's insides, it would have to be an internal cell (unless portals can come out at different places in the same outside cell, which I highly doubt) with no external connections (besides doors/ladders/hatches) to the outside, have a ladder leading from the bunker up into the tank, then inside the tank have a hatch leading down the bunker, and at the top of the tank, have a hatch leading up onto the top of the tank (maybe have a chair with sandbags surrounding it, for a gunner to sit, maybe have no/a small area without sandbags for the gunner to jump down off the tank in case of an emergency)

concept drawing of the gate area

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2432/3732758409_24ac9d4f9d.jpg

picture of the bunker back door (but make it more wastelandish, and armored)

http://www.bilco.com/foundations/store/products/bd_slw_1-200.jpg

yes, I took a photo of that door, but the game put some weird overlay over it and it looked awful

the point lookout one would work fine, but it would need to look tougher, and not like it would fall apart if you kicked it, much less shot it!

I think I got the idea for that kinda door from point lookout

broken steel has something with better textures, but the door is flat, not angled like that one

Same here! I just bought the Fallout Trilogy Pack. Im playin Fallout 1 right now with a high resolution patch. Its great so far!

Couldn't I just sell my girl to slavers? Or pimp her out like in Fallout 2? :wink:

I havn't got to Fallout 2 yet... im still playing Fallout 1...

but hey, a slave colar makes a great girft

should be able to inform the Brotherhood at the Citadel OR a shady caravaner about the settlement, then the Brotherhood sends a few people there to check it out, but the caravaner would hang around and be shady

and once the town is bigger and the fields are producing a good amount of food, have Brotherhood caravans (and the caravaner having one caravan, then being able to be invested in for more caravans OR a better caravan) take the food to the wasteland for free, the caravaner of course would sell it at extremely high prices (but you get a huge cut)

then add a few quests involving helping the Brotherhood or the caravaner with deliveries (kinda like in Broken Steel, too)

not sure how well that would fit in with the rest or how much extra work that would take, but its an idea