Quest involving Argyle and Herbert "Daring" Dashwood

bknesal

So, I've been sorting this idea through my head for a while now, however I have never tried modding and haven't the slightest clue on where to even begin, so I figure I can just throw this idea out there into the community. So we've all heard the stories about Argyle's and Herbert "Daring" Dashwoods's adventures. Well we've probably all also done the unmarked quest "A Manhandled Manservent" in which the lone wanderer travels to Rockopolis and finds poor Argyle's body. Well what about a quest given by Dashwood to resurrect Argyle? Admittedly, this would kind of break the concept of life and death, but I'm sure there is a way to at least make it kind of make sense. I was thinking if maybe an extra vault was added into the wasteland in which the experiments in the vault dealt with immortality. The experiments could have used yet another strain of FEV and maybe the scientists managed to almost make a successful dosage of the irradiated substance, but it always kills the people it is used on instead of making them immortal. Well maybe this could have the opposite side effect (since it is based off of radiation) on a dead ghoul (Argyle in this case). You bring the substance back to Argyle's corpse and Argyle gets resurrected. After the quest's completion, Argyle and Dashwood then go live in Underworld together happily ever after. This would also be a good way to keep Dashwood from dying after getting the ghouls to live in Tenpenny Tower, as Dashwood is very much not a bigot, yet is killed by either the feral ghouls or the new residents of the tower (depending on which path you chose). I know you can just kill all the ghouls but that doesn't end in you earning a sweet ghoul mask ;)

I know it sounds like a lot to request but I just think it would be pretty cool.

So, I've been sorting this idea through my head for a while now, however I have never tried modding and haven't the slightest clue on where to even begin, so I figure I can just throw this idea out there into the community. So we've all heard the stories about Argyle's and Herbert "Daring" Dashwoods's adventures. Well we've probably all also done the unmarked quest "A Manhandled Manservent" in which the lone wanderer travels to Rockopolis and finds poor Argyle's body. Well what about a quest given by Dashwood to resurrect Argyle? Admittedly, this would kind of break the concept of life and death, but I'm sure there is a way to at least make it kind of make sense. I was thinking if maybe an extra vault was added into the wasteland in which the experiments in the vault dealt with immortality. The experiments could have used yet another strain of FEV and maybe the scientists managed to almost make a successful dosage of the irradiated substance, but it always kills the people it is used on instead of making them immortal. Well maybe this could have the opposite side effect (since it is based off of radiation) on a dead ghoul (Argyle in this case). You bring the substance back to Argyle's corpse and Argyle gets resurrected. After the quest's completion, Argyle and Dashwood then go live in Underworld together happily ever after. This would also be a good way to keep Dashwood from dying after getting the ghouls to live in Tenpenny Tower, as Dashwood is very much not a bigot, yet is killed by either the feral ghouls or the new residents of the tower (depending on which path you chose). I know you can just kill all the ghouls but that doesn't end in you earning a sweet ghoul mask ;)

I know it sounds like a lot to request but I just think it would be pretty cool.

Or maybe you could just make it that Argyle doesn't die at all like he's held up there and made himself home and needs help wich involves a quest it could also involve herbert dashwood to join in the fun. But i like the idea of how they go to underworld and live there and that means Dashwood doesnt get killed in the tenpenny quest so that's a good idea.

Yeah, really just as long as Argyle comes back to life, Dashwood doesn't die, and they go live together in the Underworld then it would be a pretty good quest.