Just started Fallout 3

AEntreriX

I just got Fallout 3 =). And before I go further I'm going to add I have the Xbox 360 version, I know the users here will be using PC version. I'm coming to the Nexus becuase I have Oblivion for the PC and come to the Nexus alot and I really like the community so I thought I'd come here for Fallout 3.

Please don't recommend any mods.

So far I've blown up Megaton and have started the "Quest Galaxy News Radio". My friend showed me how to blow up Megaton if your wondering how I've already done that. And I'm level 3. Besides that I've done nothing in the game besides that quest and up to the GNR quest in the main storyline. Any tips?

keep your gun repaired, try not to insult people, you may find some hidden stuff, do the optioonal objectives that moira gives you you, she gives out some thing that can lead to money or at least usefull thing for survival.

lol you should get the 20th century weapons mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joking aside, I'd recommend working on the Repair and Lockpick skills. Keeping your weapons repaired always helps, and lockpicking really gains you caps and ammo. Small Guns is helpful early in the game, but once you progress on the main story, Energy Weapons will become more useful, with laser and plasma weapons becoming more abundant. For someone at level 3, Super Duper Mart and the Springvale School are good places to get XP, since the Raiders there won't be too tough (I also wiped out the Raiders there at level 3-4).

Are you planning on getting any DLC?

Obviously he's saying you shouldn't have. :rolleyes:

But seriously, my tip is don't do the main quest. It's generally not as fulfilling as exploring and doing the side quests. You can try if you want, but if you're like most people you'll find the side quests more enjoyable and intriguing.

As others have said, do as many of the sidequests as possible. I think you can still work with Moira for her quest and supplies. even with Megaton gone. Lockpick, Repair and small arms are the best way to start. Vats is really your friend at this level, since you'll still be pretty weak.

You shouldn't of blown up Megaton already you could of completed some quests there, anyway if you want to make a couple of hundred caps visit this girl in springvale in a ranch (the only ranch what's not barracaded) so it's not hard to miss. Anyway if you don't mind getting bad karma obviously you don't you can just kill the girl and get 400 or 300 caps of her. It's something like that anyway, i did do it a while ago and it got me a couple of rounds of ammo for my weapons.