Just started Fallout 3

AEntreriX

^ I used to use Hunting Rifles but then I discovered an Assault Rifle, I don't find spare assault rifles and ammo for it as often so I have to conserve ammo but It's still better. I haven't even been picking up Hunting Rifles, but I guess I could sell them....

I never sell ammo though, I always keep it even if I don't have weapons to use it with, even missile ammo is weightless.

Hunting Rifle is high accuracy, I believe it might have no spread (at least, Ol' Painless has no spread), meaning it hits exactly where you aim when shooting outside of VATS.

concentrate on what type of character you want, melee or long range one , heavy charger...

choose your skill wisely because withh good perks at high lvl you can even kill supermutant master wih a knife

If you want to use all that cool power armor you'll need training. For that you have 2 options:

1. Rush though the main quest till you get it.
  2. Play Operation Anchorage.

You've already destroyed Megaton, so be sure to visit the only survivor, Moira, for her quest. She'll be in the Ghoul city of Underworld, located

in the museum of history, next to the mall-area. You'll walk right past it when you go visit the Washington Monument.

Always carry a few of each chem. You'll never know when you suddenly need that 1 extra point in strength to carry your loot, or when you're pinned down by 2 Super Mutants and need a little extra.

Don't bother with the energy weapons skill. Before

the enclave show up

, they and their ammo are almost impossible to find, and therefore hard to maintain. And after that event, you'll have had plenty of time to find the really good uniques from whatever weapons-skill you like best. This means you either don't need EW at all, or you have found

an alien blaster

, which is plenty powerful without much EW skill at all.

If you really do want to fry guys, or turn gals into goo with energy weapons, download this mod: Shameless self-promotion here!

Hunting Rifle is high accuracy, I believe it might have no spread (at least, Ol' Painless has no spread), meaning it hits exactly where you aim when shooting outside of VATS.

The trouble with hunting rifles is that they take forever to reload so as a general purpose weapon they are terrible. There are some great rifles worth getting that change that but in general. I'd rather have a sniper rifle for long range use. A scoped magnum isn't a bad weapon to have as is the traditional shot gun. Always useful.