Changing ghoul model

portbash

lo guys!

without further ado:

how to replace the ghoul model, keeping all original anims, with the human one?

or the other way around: adding the anims & behavior of a ghoul to a human model?

is it possible at least?

can anyone recommend a tutorial, direction or method to do this?

thx in advance!

Gob-Humanified

(Just a quick ghoul->human head change to make sure what I'm about to tell you is indeed true)

First of all, you will need ArchiveInalidationInvalidated!.

You will have to create folders in your data folder that relate to the .bsa folder structure. From peering inside, I see that you should have something like this set up:

meshes\characters\head\headghoul.nif
meshes\characters\_male\upperbodyhumanghoul.egt (Not sure about the egt file)
meshes\characters\_male\lefthandghoul.egt
meshes\characters\_male\righthandghoul.egt

textures\characters\ghoul\headhuman.dds
textures\characters\ghoul\headhuman_n.dds

...etc.

(Female ones are designated with '...female.dds/...female.nif')

Basically just copy the human ones and rename them to the ghoul ones.

Although I did not do it, you can of course swap the hair, eyes, hands, arms, and everything for the human versions.

The animations are also stored in the Fallout - Meshes.bsa, which could allow you to switch out the human ones with the ghoul ones.

If you meant the ghouls that attack you (Feral ghouls) let me know.

Ghouls like Gob are NPCs. Their bodies are contructed like any other humanoid race and they can share NPC anims. Feral ghouls are classified as creatures. I believe that their body meshes include head, hands and body as one complete piece, unlike the NPC ghoul race. I expect that heir skeletons are quite different, so feral animations would need to be rerigged to NPC bodies.

If you were to do that, you might be able to use the reworked animations as special anims. I don't know if the feral anims are so unique and different from NPC anims to make that worth the effort, considering the restrictions that their use would likely entail once completed.

thx for the replies guys.

yes I meant the evil feral ghouls... sorry... totally forgot that there is that "normal" ghoul race.

gonna take a deeper look into that later... have to fix some freaking niftools modeling issue first...