Another custom creature by me

Cakester

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very cool. I'd be interested to see lots of detail with regards to the development of the town. Multiple stages of growth for helping the city, the possibility for the city to be ruined or destroyed by the player, and eventually a branching growth. That'd allow you to add gambling and brothels without spoiling the feel you want from the town.

You could do it something like this:

Stage -1: village has been ruined, few/no survivors

Stage 0: village on the brink of dying, like Bigtown

Stage 1: initial stage, mediocre small village

Stage 2: village has been renovated slightly, no new occupants

Stage 3: village stands out from the other wasteland areas as being better maintained, few new occupants

Then, player actions could cause development to branch. As an example, doing quests for shady/aggressive NPCs could cause the town to evolve into a gambling den. Doing quests for upstanding citizens could cause it to evolve into a bustling refugee shelter.

If you were especially ambitious, you could have even more branches, and even have alignment branching (good/evil) run separately from growth branching (small village, large town).

For even MORE excitement, you could scatter NPCs throughout the wasteland who, if rescued, make their way to your village and contribute to its success/failure and good/evil.

Of course, to mess with all of that right now would be probably getting ahead of things. A town that grows in 3 stages would be a really spectacular mod to me, even if it didn't have much in the way of special NPC features, farming, etc.

EDIT: Another thing to think about is how much play time you want each stage to require, and how much game time as well. If your crop growing feature requires the player to use the Wait feature for 3 days, you probably don't want your town to go from one stage to the next overnight. Perhaps adding intermediate stages where the NPCs can be seen "working" on something could be used to indicate to the player that they have done enough to improve the town, but that more time is required before it will upgrade.

EDIT Again: You could even add in generic "bring me some scrap metal!" quests during these intermediate stages, to prevent the dull experience of the player using Wait for 72+ hours! ;) Ahh, the list of possible complications goes on and on.. don't let me distract you from your immediate goals.

Looks very cool. I'd be interested to see lots of detail with regards to the development of the town. Multiple stages of growth for helping the city, the possibility for the city to be ruined or destroyed by the player, and eventually a branching growth. That'd allow you to add gambling and brothels without spoiling the feel you want from the town.

You could do it something like this:

Stage -1: village has been ruined, few/no survivors

Stage 0: village on the brink of dying, like Bigtown

Stage 1: initial stage, mediocre small village

Stage 2: village has been renovated slightly, no new occupants

Stage 3: village stands out from the other wasteland areas as being better maintained, few new occupants

Then, player actions could cause development to branch. As an example, doing quests for shady/aggressive NPCs could cause the town to evolve into a gambling den. Doing quests for upstanding citizens could cause it to evolve into a bustling refugee shelter.

If you were especially ambitious, you could have even more branches, and even have alignment branching (good/evil) run separately from growth branching (small village, large town).

For even MORE excitement, you could scatter NPCs throughout the wasteland who, if rescued, make their way to your village and contribute to its success/failure and good/evil.

Of course, to mess with all of that right now would be probably getting ahead of things. A town that grows in 3 stages would be a really spectacular mod to me, even if it didn't have much in the way of special NPC features, farming, etc.

The sad thing here is i predicted that it is more likely someone would mistakenly post in my thread then actually want to post in it.

Pay no mind to that.

You're awesomely skillful, Cakestar. :)

Can I assume you're going to make something more detailed with awesome written around its forehead once you're done with all this testing-if this is what you're doing right now?

Pay no mind to that.

You're awesomely skillful, Cakestar. :)

Can I assume you're going to make something more detailed with awesome written around its forehead once you're done with all this testing-if this is what you're doing right now?

i plan to release the current creature i am making. I just finished weight painting and now i am going to setup the collision and constraints for the skeleton. i should be done in 10-20 minutes. after that i can concentrate on the animations.

That creature looks...odd. When will it be released so we can kill it?
Tomorrow most likely. but maybe today.