Replacing Voices

zlobnez

Hi!

I tried to add custom voice to a companion I made with CM Partners, but I found out that it's impossible. I made all the recordings, and then found und out that CS 1.2 doesn't support .lip file creating, and I had to install the previous version of the CS. When I tried in that one, a messege poped up, saying that the CM .esm and .esp files are a to high EXE format(or smth like this) for this CS to load. So, custom voices-finito.

Well I got another idea:

Is it possible to record the same greetings as in the CM mod, and then just replace the sound files? In the sound folder(oblivion/data...) there are six or seven .lip files, and as many mp3 files. Would just replacing the mp3 files, and naming them as the old ones do the trick?

Is it possible to record the same greetings as in the CM mod, and then just replace the sound files? In the sound folder(oblivion/data...) there are six or seven .lip files, and as many mp3 files. Would just replacing the mp3 files, and naming them as the old ones do the trick?

I think it's only necessary to change the mp3s as those are the actual sound files if you're just after voice change. The lip files are for lip synching to the NPCs voice. Unless your new recordings are drastically different from the stock mp3s and the lip synch is too way off, you don't have to change them.

It could be that the mp3s you made are encoded incorrectly (for Oblivion). They need to have these parameters:

Frequency: 44100 Hz

Bit Rate: 64 kbps cbr (constant bit rate)

Channels: mono

I never managed to get them to work with Audacity, though. But with Wavepad it worked perfectly. Try it out.

There's also a tutorial here, that deal with something similar. Might be useful.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16268

Good Luck!

Thanx philatrophy!

I downloaded Wavepad, recorded the voice one more time and now it works! :thanks: :thanks:

Only one thing..now all the nord companions greet with my voice :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how to put these voices just to my char? Do I have to create a new race(which would be just a copy of the Nord) and put those voicefiles as default?

Do I have to create a new race(which would be just a copy of the Nord) and put those voicefiles as default?

That seems to be the easiest way. Where's the harm?

One more thing though. Read that tutorial I posted earlier. Because, it might be necessary to define some voice-files in a quest-like manner. idk.

Glad I could help at all.