Chinese Power Armor

genox6

To start off, I just want to say that I am extremely grateful for all the wonderful mods that already exist, and I don't mean to come off as being too demanding with this request.

Anyway, I always thought it would be neat if the Chinese somehow got their hands on a T-51b Power Armor and reverse engineered their own variant. Canonically I understand that the lack of power armor was China's downfall to begin with (and what eventually lead to the nuclear war), but there's always a possibility they may have had something in development stages.

Anyway, if anyone does want to tackle the idea of making a power armor set for the commies, I think going with a more traditional-but-futuristic look would be fitting. Particularly, something akin to the design Master Asia's Kowloon Gundam with more of a power armor flare.

:thanks:

To start off, I just want to say that I am extremely grateful for all the wonderful mods that already exist, and I don't mean to come off as being too demanding with this request.

Anyway, I always thought it would be neat if the Chinese somehow got their hands on a T-51b Power Armor and reverse engineered their own variant. Canonically I understand that the lack of power armor was China's downfall to begin with (and what eventually lead to the nuclear war), but there's always a possibility they may have had something in development stages.

Anyway, if anyone does want to tackle the idea of making a power armor set for the commies, I think going with a more traditional-but-futuristic look would be fitting. Particularly, something akin to the design Master Asia's Kowloon Gundam with more of a power armor flare.

:thanks:

Personally, I think it would look like tank parts cobbled into a suit, like a last ditch effort to get a good offensive armor design out.

The sentry bot with a blockier shape and heavy matching legs come to mind.

FO3 can't handle the awesome of Master Asia.

FO3 can't handle the awesome of Master Asia.

Good point, but I do believe it comes closer than most games out there. :thumbsup:

Anyway, having it look more "scrappy" could also work. I just figured giving it a more high-tech feel would sort of fall in place with other Chinese tech we've seen such as the Hei Gui Stealth Armor, Shocksword and [possibly] the Gauss Rifle.

A Soviet-esque design might also fit, and the Desolator from the Red Alert series comes to mind.