The Magnetic Epicenter

BigKevSexyMan

My question is: how are you going to balance the mod? Obviously being able to fly is a pretty ridiculous power. And don't bring up fuel, people could just give themselves infinite fuel. Perhaps you could make the jetpack work for only a few seconds, but allow you to travel very far, like a jumpjet?

Anyway, the only thing that bugs me about fo3 jetpack mods is the fact that there aren't any animations. This is a problem we cab't overcome for now, but is there a work around? I've been thinking, is it possible to trick the game into thinking that there is invisible water around you, and that would allow you do do the swimming animations, but in the air with a jetpack on? Something tells me that would be too complicated, but an idea's and idea, so yeah.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Probably the easiest way to accomplish animations is though an idle animation. I tried a locomotion action, but it would override the movements of every other character in the universe, so I just put creating an animation on hold, until I could figure out how to properly accomplish an idle animation on the player. It shouldn't be as hard as I think it is. Just know that I do plan on having a proper set of animations for the Jetpack.

The rocks spin too fast.

That's easy to change. Right now I have the rocks spinning on a 6-second cycle for normal speed, and a 3-second cycle for fast speed. However, I could change them to include a 12-sec or 24-sec cycle easily.

My question is: how are you going to balance the mod? Obviously being able to fly is a pretty ridiculous power. And don't bring up fuel, people could just give themselves infinite fuel. Perhaps you could make the jetpack work for only a few seconds, but allow you to travel very far, like a jumpjet?

Yes, what I have right now IS overpowered. But I do plan on limiting thing such as horizontal speed, height, fall time, and even fuel(rechargeable upon landing). This should ensure a jetpack that will be very useful endgame, but not to powerful as to destroy the regular game.