Help I keep freezing/CTD

byrondominguez

Hi all, I apologize if i'm posting this on the wrong section of the forums. I'm in need of help but to be modest, I am fairly new at modding. However, I have seen all of Gopher's videos and I have read many posts and possible solutions to CTDS and freezing problems. I'm here because I have seen that people have used mods and have the same problems as I however, their solutions always seem not applicable to mine. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. The following is my Wyre Bash list. I have done Gopher's way of cleaning mods which is: Right click, apply for cleaning, remove identical records and then undelete and disable references. As you can see I still have some that need cleaning.

= Check Mods
This is a report on your currently active/merged mods.
=== Mergeable
Following mods are active, but could be merged into the bashed patch.
* Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
* Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
=== Mods that need cleaning with TES4Edit
Following mods have identical to master (ITM) records, deleted records (UDR), or other issues that should be fixed with TES4Edit. Visit the TES4Edit Cleaning Guide for more information.
* BBLuxurySuiteExt.esp: UDR(3)
* Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.esp: UDR(1)
* InuyashaWeapons.esp: UDR(1)
=== Active Mod Files:
* 00 Skyrim.esm
* 01 Update.esm
* 02 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0a]
* 03 Dawnguard.esm
* 04 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0b]
* 05 HearthFires.esm
* 06 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0]
* 07 Dragonborn.esm
* 08 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0]
* 09 Falskaar.esm
* 0A Wyrmstooth.esp [Version 1.10]
* 0B ApachiiHair.esm
* 0C ApachiiHairMales.esm
* 0D BBLuxurySuite.esm
* 0E HighResTexturePack01.esp
* 0F HighResTexturePack02.esp
* 10 HighResTexturePack03.esp
* 11 MoreRainWindy33percentLessView.esp
* 12 StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
* 13 StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
* 14 StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
* 15 Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
* 16 EpisodeParallax.esp
* 17 huntingprofit.esp
* 18 Immersive Battles.esp
* 19 Immersive Brigands.esp
* 1A Immersive Dawnguard.esp
* 1B Immersive Dragonborn.esp
* 1C Immersive Factions.esp
* 1D Immersive Mercenaries.esp
* 1E Immersive Patrols.esp
* 1F Immersive Travelers.esp
* 20 Immersive Werewolves.esp
* 21 lt_camping.esp
* 22 Real Wildlife Skyrim 0.1.esp
* 23 smithingsupplies.esp
* 24 Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp
* 25 Footprints.esp
* 26 RaceMenu.esp
* 27 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
* 28 SkyTweak.esp
* 29 SkyUI.esp
* 2A iHUD.esp
* 2B assassins_armor_set.esp
* 2C calyps-razorarmor.esp
* 2D Cloaks.esp
* 2E 1nivWICCloaks.esp [Version 2.3]
* 2F 1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp [Version 2.3]
* 30 dhuntress.esp
* 31 dragonhiderobearmor.esp
* 32 ezio.darkgrey.esp
* 33 ezio's armor.esp
* 34 FaceMasksOfSkyrim.esp
* 35 FaceMasksforNPC.esp
* 36 Immersive Weapons.esp
* 37 light armor hoods - normal armor value.esp
* 38 mage robe hoods.esp
* 39 Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
* 3A Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
* 3B Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
* 3C Ronin outfit.esp
* 3D star killer armor.esp
* 3E TavernClothes-MTM.esp
* 3F theroadstrokersroguesorceress.esp
* 40 throwingweapons.esp
* 41 winterhold_robes.esp
* 42 ImmersiveArmorsNPCs.esp
* 43 BBLuxurySuiteExt.esp
* 44 BBLSHousecarlsmovein.esp
* 45 BBLSspouse.esp
* 46 BBLSVisitors.esp
* 47 BBLSMotseerOutfits.esp
* 48 Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.esp
* 49 missingapprentices.esp [Version 1.31]
* 4A When Vampires Attack.esp [Version 1.1.1]
* 4B Civil War Overhaul.esp
* 4C Headtracking.esp
* 4D dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
* 4E WerewolfMastery.esp
* 4F Nature of the beast.esp
* 50 unrestricted enchanting.esp
* 51 3rd Person Killmoves only!.esp
* 52 DeadlyCombat.esp
* 53 DeadlyCombat_GiantsAIFix.esp
* 54 Sneak Tools.esp
* 55 Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp
* 56 Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp
* 57 Werewolf Loot- Dawnguard version.esp
* 58 wereControl.esp
* 59 HeartBreaker.esp [Version 2.0]
* 5A ApachiiHairStyles.esp
* 5B ApachiiHairStylesELVES.esp
* 5C AelaSylvanMK.esp
* 5D BTRH_Tomoe.esp
* 5E Celestine.esp
* 5F Delphine Makeover D2.esp
* 60 ESFAela.esp [Version 0.4.7]
* 61 KathFollower.esp
* 62 MeganFox.esp
* 63 SexyLydia.esp
* 64 WolfFollower.esp [Version 0.9.3]
* 65 AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
* 66 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp [Version 2.3.4]
* 67 Purewaters.esp
* 68 BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
* 69 DeadlyCombat_ASIS_Patch.esp
* 6A batmanvssuperman.esp
* 6B catwoman.esp
* 6C darth vader in skyrim.esp
* 6D susan.esp
* 6E zangetsu.esp
* 6F skyrim avengers.esp
* 70 Supernatural Jump.esp
* 71 Equipping Overhaul.esp
* 72 InuyashaWeapons.esp
* 73 Natural Lighting and Atmospherics v1.2.esp

things I have tried: re-installing skyrim. re-installing skse. Starting a new game and deleting all mods and re-installing them. I have also even upgraded my graphics card. Just bought one on Friday :GTX780 (just in case it was my VRAM going out. Still crashes but looks beautiful). In addition, checking game caches on steam.
I also use BOSS and TES5Edit. My mod downloader is NMM. I run boss and TES5edit after downloading each mod. I learned about load order and each file containing a masters file. I went through the mods manually and found all of them to have their masters load before them. I understand esms go on top as to where esps are normally found near end or after. I also read all descriptions and required mods and readmes prior to downloading them. Most of my mods downloaded are recommended and I check compatibility with other mods and what works best with others as well.
NOTES: I do not understand/know how to run Papyrus. I have tried looking for tutorials but have failed so unfortunately I cannot supply them to you. Ctds and random. However, I do get a frozen loading screen when entering dragonreach. Please if anyone could help me. I have also read about some scripts being there even though I deleted them which may cause my issue. However, I don't understand too much about that seeing as i'm new. Also, I have not done anything to ini. files. I do not understand so I do not touch. I can run my BOSS and upload it please ask if you need me to. Which reminds me for whatever reason my BOSS says that I have 117 plugins when as you can see I have no where near that amount of mods.
Thanks for your time.

EIDT: what a messed up post, Mine. fixing it now. Shows one thing in the edit windows but another when saving.

Scripts load and look for data. if you have yourself deleted data and do not understand Papyrus scripting, then why delete data?

Freezing can be just about anything. You posted the works here. #1, do not TES5Edit mods right when you get them,

(why?)

Because if the mod did not work, on it's own, the author would not upload it."Mods that need cleaning with TES4Edit" Who told you you need to TESEdit every mod you download?

It is the uploaders responsibility to edit their mods, that is a recomendation, not a mandate.

It's tool to be used as a last resort to locate information, It can not replace information, It can rip it out, and leave Giant holes in the plugins and appear to be clean. If you use the CK, and have a susspision the plugin is corrpted, load it as active in the CK and just save it.

Thst is how you clean it. IF you run Wrybash on the mod as an editor? that's crazy. Wry is still in beta till they can get things correct, so editing things is not a good choice.

it can only come close to a stable arrangment. it's not written in stone.

Boss works off of known data uploaded. Not data that has been edited by users. mess up the code afterwards, and Boss will of course arrange it according to the NEW messed up code.

Several enties were given To the Boss Teams submissions that represented edited mods to Boss, after a long time, these mods were found to not be in the correct spot. It was found by downloading and checking the real mods Un-edited , in their Original conditioon, they are not effected by Wry bash if left alone.

Known Dirty plugins are listed in the Boss template, you can open it an read it all. Those plugins have instructions for cleaning or repairs.

never delete data in a mod, you leave your self open for bad things. Never leave the term "deleted " in a plugin.

One mod references another. The mod you take data from is now gone.

The mod refernecing that mod, can't find what it needs because you deleted it. "Freeze ! Crash, CTD. Stutter, Slide show ,wierd things in game. Are the results.

You don't know how many have been down this road.

117 plugins. To start you off on the right foot, don't wrybash any thing, don't edit any thing, just replace the entire load order of mods raw, sort them arrange by hand first. Run Boss , and read the recomended lists.

Now, go to the pages for each recomendation and study the reasons why that particular mod had issues and with what other mods. As you have done seen in the spoiler.

Write down the information and keep track of it.

Test he game. Don't worry about cleaning and moding. Just use the data as it is presented before Diving in.

Based on your post, I am assuming you edited 117 mods. is that correct? why?

I did read your spoiler and do know you did all the possible things you think are correct.

I can ask you trhis, why would any author upload Junk? I don't think Junk works and to edit that many mods says a lot and leaves out so many questions that can arise.

I just ask Why?

kitty.

Edited by Purr4me

Thats a good starting poit too. Thanks (mindw0rk)

EDIT: Papyrus questions.

some way. he/she will get a good game going. FireFox was updating in the middle of my posting. Sorry. I did not know.

kitty.

Edited by Purr4me

purr4me, mindwork2, Thanks for your fast responses. I have downloaded the enboost and ssme files. I hope it works. To answer some of the questions left by purr4me, I have only edited or believed to have cleaned the ones that my tes5edit told me to clean. From what I understood of gopher's cleaning files was that one would simply have to follow the 3 steps and bam it is cleaned. In hopes of fixing my game, i thought that would help. Additionally, would it be acceptable if I start from scratch and re-install game and mods and use boss and use tes5edit ONLY to see if something not found on BOSS's master list is in the wrong load order. I know understand cleaning mods are not as important and certainly deleting some referenced mesh may have started an error. Perhaps if I simply followed my steps before without editing them would solve my ctd? I forgot to mention, not sure if its really relevant, but I don't have a ini. file in my documents/files/skyrim. I only have skyrim prefs. I have read something about launching skyrim steam and enter options and that should create ini file, but unfortunately that did not help me. Well, I will try and play the game with the recommended files. I will post a reply shortly or later in the evening when I return from work. Enjoy your day.

dditionally, would it be acceptable if I start from scratch and re-install game and mods and use boss and use tes5edit ONLY to see if something not found on BOSS's master list is in the wrong load order.

Exactly "Yes".

Here is an (Example to the points of the problem of deleted items.) http://www.iguanadons.net/Skyrim-Fixing-Navmesh-Deletion-Using-TES5Edit-511.html

This is about repair , mistakes made by NON humans, not by mod authors.

Perhaps if I simply followed my steps before without editing them would solve my ctd?

If you edit things beforeasking for help? then we can't possibley help becaus e the data you have is not shared; you won't have what we have and we have the basic layout of the mod when we attempt to help you ,based on this ..it's not possible to assist on things that got Broken By you. What we can help with is things found TO BE broken in a mod whne combined with other mods not edited.

launching skyrim steam

That IS the very reason we can't help because steam replaces data you edit, if it finds things out of place, you do not know it has made changes unless you check first. An out side Eliment is always there, messing things up. Knowing this + what we spoke of. is where it's at.

I use Mod Orginiser for all my data, it is kept out of the loop and not accessable by any means to any networks till I log in, IF I set MO to allow logging in. But. I use it srricly for fallout 3 mods, and I have thousands of them in MO. Ido NOT want deleted, Updated or tampered with from the net. Steam tampers with thwe data and it is out of your hands. This is important to keep in mind.

So, steam has a set configured base to go by and I am expected to go by those settings. if you change things too much? steam will change them back, and you post about strange things going on when they should not. yes I know all about it. The nexus is a treasure trove full of al that ame before you. read and remeber all the complaints. Steam forums links, networks and just about every concieveable way, to screw up one game has been brought to bare for all of us to deal with.

sum it up, keep it simple keep it as it was when it was made and we are all on the same page. change anything, we read difernt results.

we are here to help you with this understanding in mind.

kitty

Good morning guys. So I tried fixing this issue through work that allows me to navigate through my computer using my work computer. Switching desktops temporarily as you will. That being said, I uninstalled all my mods and will try to follow your advice. The game is for my little brother and its in my best interest to get him playing as its a birthday gift. Is it permissible if/when he happens to have some issues I can post them here again?

Okay, a couple of thoughts about your predicament. First question – you aren't manually deleting anything in Skyrim\Data\Scripts, right? That would probably be a Bad Idea, and you'd want to reinstall any scripted mod you're running before even trying to load the game.

Onto cleaning – Unless a mod author specifically says not to, cleaning a dirty mod with TESVEdit is pretty much always a good idea, and perfectly safe, if you do it the way you mentioned. Many mods don't need cleaning, but some – ESPECIALLY the DLCs, are riddled with ITMs and deleted refs. Here is why you want your mods clean:

ITM stands for Identical To Master – an ITM is a reference that is the same as that reference in the vanilla game, which sounds harmless. But it tells the game to revert any changes made in an earlier mod back to the vanilla value. So if you load Mod A, which moves a barrel in Whiterun, and Mod B loads afterward, and contains an ITM reference to that same barrel, Mod B wins (because it loads later – the famous Rule of One). And your barrel is moved back to its original location. Nice. And if Mod A put a tree where the barrel had been, you'll have a tree growing out of your barrel. REALLY nice. May not make your game crash, but you probably won't be thrilled about your new maple-tree-barrel.

UDR stands for Undelete and Disable Reference. Deleted references are teh scaryz. If a mod deletes a vanilla reference, and then another mod attempts to use/alter that reference, Skyrim will choke on it. Instant crash, cursing and general aggravation. If, however, that mod only disables the ref, the game can still handle another mod changing it. UDR is simply a function that undoes deletions, and marks the deleted refs as just disabled. That's all.

The caveat: The DLCs are a special case, in that a 'cleaned' DLC is recognised by Steam as being corrupt. So if you clean Dragonborn, then have Steam verify your game cache, Steam will kill your cleaned esm, and download a brand new, dirty copy for you. So you might want to back up your cleaned DLCs before doing the verify cache thing, unless you REALLY enjoy modcleaning.

Good luck -

Thank you trollkin for your input. To answer your questions, no I never manually deleted any scripts. As mentioned earlier I am not familiar with any ini. Files so I dont mess with it. Also I dont have a skyrim ini file. Do not know why. From what I understood, cleaning a mod the way mentioned might cause some deleted info which may cause a unreadeble version and thus creating ctd. Please if you could correct me or inform me better. Thanks so much guys.

something else to add. I may be completely off by this but might be something id like to share that may cause the problem. So i have started a new game. this is so far all i have as far as mod. Most of them are from steam. However my point being, when I started a new game, all of my npcs were frozen no animation! Now Ive dealt with this no animation issue before I was able to simply fix it by replacing and overwriting or simply deleting the animation used. Now as you can see under my mods list (using nmm) I have no animation. Would that indicate I mightve been right about having old scripts and messing up my game? If so how do I solve it? Also in my documents/games/skyrim I have saves that go back to 1/26 which was when I first purchased the game? Does any of this ring any bells?

GameMode=Skyrim
Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Falskaar.esm=1
Wyrmstooth.esp=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1
smithingsupplies.esp=1
assassins_armor_set.esp=1
calyps-razorarmor.esp=1
dhuntress.esp=1
dragonhiderobearmor.esp=1
ezio.darkgrey.esp=1
ezio's armor.esp=1
light armor hoods - normal armor value.esp=1
mage robe hoods.esp=1
star killer armor.esp=1
theroadstrokersroguesorceress.esp=1
winterhold_robes.esp=1
missingapprentices.esp=1
unrestricted enchanting.esp=1
batmanvssuperman.esp=1
catwoman.esp=1
darth vader in skyrim.esp=1
susan.esp=1
zangetsu.esp=1
skyrim avengers.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
iHUD.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp=1

Is the systems PC setup to allow the user to visualize the files extentions? C:\Users\ (Username)\Documents\My games\SkyRim\ skkyrim.ini

Not the data in the game folder. scrips are contained within the plugins which are effected by other data as some of the links I posted describe. The Wiki post about Papyrus is very informitive. It describes the workings and so does Cipicus web page. He even explains the reason why and how it works.

Our tools we use to edit the games requires that you learn how to use them. they aregreat, and can really fix a lot of stuff, they can also realy make your day really bad too. Automated things in a touchy Enviorment that requires a mind.....papyrus is 10 fold of normal gaming scripting. its' bransd new animal...an extended scripting thing other games can not do.

I am a gal BTY, you may not be at fault, a lot of mods are effected by things unknown ,like missing data from a bad download, most of it's there. I get all the folders and the mastters and the plugins but I am missing textures and mesh files 3 folders deep. Just not there.

a person will scan their new mod, they just downloaded, and find errors sitting in there that were not there in development, missing data cauises this. to see what I mean, pick out just a small mod that uses extra mesh files in the package, move the mesh folder out of the game, run the edit program and look at all the new errors popping up. can't find the information so that editor if you touch just one item in it, will save that plugin and permanaly ruin it. put back the mesh folder and the data no longer lines up.

Frustration to the max. Steam see's this. bang. it starts all over again. Nice huh........The Ck is no better, but is the only tools really that should be used.

one last thing here. you ner edit an esm file, convert it first to an esp edit it, revert back to esm.

kitty.