broken steel not continuing storyline

moriz

alrighty, i'm not sure if this had been asked before, but this problem has me puzzled.

i've installed broken steel some time ago. i thought its working, since i've gained the additional levels and perks. however, when i went to complete the "take it back!" quest, i do not continue onward. after the cinematic, the credits roll, and i'm sent to the main menu. continuing the game just places me at the last save before activating project purity.

i have patch 1.6 installed, as well as FOSE running with a few mods... none of which i can see conflicting with broken steel.

thanks in advance.

sounds like you dont have the videos installed in the right place, have a look and see if BS is installed right , look in the video folder see if you have more than 30 video files .... my folder has 35....

do you have a custom race installed ? if you do see my guide there is a link in my sig :)

I have the same problem... BS is loaded 01 right after the main .esm, and I have the 1.6 patch installed... Though I don't see how missing video files would inhibit the game from continuing, I also have 35 .bik files... I might have read somewhere that the 1.5 patch is needed?

Edit: Ha! Get this: Three Dog talks about me starting project purity even though I have yet to do so (I reloaded an old save before storming it with LP).

Edit: .BIK Files in my Data/Videos file:

B01.bik - B29.bik

Fallout INTRO Vsk.bik

1,3,6,9 years later.bik

2 weeks later.bik

Also, I know Broken Steel is working since I can get to the presidential metro.

i don't think i have a custom race installed. however, i did change my character's race midway through the game to paste the "Sin" face. changed race from "Hispanic" to "Caucasian". i'll give the custom race overrider a try.

i don't know exactly how many video files i have (using my laptop atm. internet is down at home), but i specifically made sure i have the "2 weeks later" file in the correct folder.

alright, the custom race mod managed to continue the game for me. somehow, the Caucasian race got edited to something else.

now i have another problem: the game effectively stops right in front of the map. the NPC (rothchild) kept telling me to stand in front of the map, which i was... and won't do anything else if i talk to him.

anyone got a workaround for this? thanks.

"right in front of the map if you please; i'd like you to have a good look at it."

"right in front of the map if you please; i'd like you to have a good look at it."

"right in front of the map if you please; i'd like you to have a good --"

*BAAANNG*

*eats corpse*

*BAANNNGBANNGBAAANNNG*

please help, before i slaughter everyone else in the citadel :(

Agreed xD I've resorted to running around shooting people with darts.

The Custom Race Override thing suggests you disable all your mods one by one till the problem is fixed, but, as most of my inventory consists of modded junk, that may be hard to do xD

Thanks, got me past him. Had to restart the quest, but whatever. Only problem is, now I'm at the end and Lyons is nowhere to be found, and I'm stuck in a cutscene.

Edit: If this happens, enableplayercontrols and find Lyons... Even though the quest will say to get on the vertibird (again) you just have to go hunt down Elder Lyons to complete.