broken steel not continuing storyline

moriz

i didn't have to use the mod. here's how you fix it:

go to console,

player.setstage XX000802 20

XX stands for where broken steel is in your load order. for example, if broken steel is the fourth mod loaded, use 04 in place of XX.

this will mark the first stage of the quest as complete, so you don't have to talk to scribe rothchild, and can now go to paladin tristan.

i would've found this sooner, except my internet is down at home and my office network blocks fallout wiki.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks, got me past him. Had to restart the quest, but whatever. Only problem is, now I'm at the end and Lyons is nowhere to be found, and I'm stuck in a cutscene.

Edit: If this happens, enableplayercontrols and find Lyons... Even though the quest will say to get on the vertibird (again) you just have to go hunt down Elder Lyons to complete.

Woot! :thanks:

had this problem (at the end and stuck at the cutscene) and was going nuts trying to find a workaround...

.. oh, and my solution to the earlier problem (him not going to the map) was to 'push' him to the map... had to keep hitting [E] though, or he would try and get back to where he was going, but the [E] would make him stand still until he told me to go over to the map again. Only irritating part was, once I got him over to the map and he 'triggered', he started talking and walked off again, so I missed most of the back story once he got too far away - still worked though.