Testing the waters

runway

Hello, community!

I have not been modding the last one and a half years, but I now have an ambitious project for Fallout 3 lurking that I am willing to undertake if the community is still big and receptive to new mods.

I have previously done two bigger projects for myself in both Morrowind and Oblivion, but both were disbanded due to being overly massive. I've also done models for other people, and given away some ideas and manuscripts.

So I guess what I'm getting at is this: can you see a story driven "mystery" mod with a wingspan larger than most be useful to the community, and is there a valid userbase that would like this?

An old, unfinished project for TES:III

Same

I have previously done two bigger projects for myself in both Morrowind and Oblivion, but both were disbanded due to being overly massive. I've also done models for other people, and given away some ideas and manuscripts.

So I guess what I'm getting at is this: can you see a story driven "mystery" mod with a wingspan larger than most be useful to the community, and is there a valid userbase that would like this?

If your large wingspan metaphor means another overly massive project, then I might recommend soloing a few ultralights before trying to pilot another airliner.

I'm at a point in my life where i don't doubt I'll be able to finish such a project. The main reason Darkshines was laid dead is because my modding partner left the project, leaving many loose ends I did not wish to poke at. Someday I might finish it, just so I can have peace ;)

But right now I want to do something for Fallout 3.. And I think I will. Expect an update in one weeks time :)

You know, that's not reassuring.

However, I'll give you a benefit of the doubt.

A lot of modders come here with grand ideas and announcement only to fall flat. Those who make it either really deliver at the last moment, or incrementally track their progress through mouthwatering screenshots.

So please excuse the rather negative sentiment. I'm sure old timers who are familiar with the old Construction Sets don't start from scratch and thus, have a higher chance of finishing.

Bytheway, it's a shame Darkshines wasn't released. If the map you gave us was of Darkshines, I would love to be able to play it as I like Morrowind.

Oh, I know. That's why I'm toying with the thought of making it episode based.

And I might release Darkshines as-is (although the perfectionist in me would shed a tear) but I question how many people would want to download a 400mb mod that is largely unfinished.

If gonna do an episode based mod (which I also think would be a good move), might want to look for the mod that had a bulletin board could post request/jobs on. Build on that to add each episode as something that ties them together. Don't recall the mod name (2 Bboard mods i think in the DB), but creator was gonna build quest on it but then disappeared i think?

Good luck and yes finsih tes3 or release ... still play that game.

It is immpossible for me to get any bit interested in a mod that I know nothing about

tell me more about what you are going to do first, and then I will tell you what I think

if you want to keep things secret, then PM me... but if you keep it secret, I can almost guarantee no one will want to help you

It is immpossible for me to get any bit interested in a mod that I know nothing about

tell me more about what you are going to do first, and then I will tell you what I think

if you want to keep things secret, then PM me... but if you keep it secret, I can almost guarantee no one will want to help you

Like I said, an update will be coming on this in a few days. :happy: