How far do you take Roleplaying?

DarkZerker

yea i roleplay...as an evil necromancer lord in a black castle and send apprentices to attack towns with their little zombie armies(5-8 zombies and 1 necro adept) while i watch :biggrin:

its fun, you guys should try it :thumbsup:

i feel sorry for the towns,cute elves live for 500 years

Sometimes I try to roleplay. I find it gives a small element of existance for your character. Usually a RP'd includes:

-Waking up at 6:50 ( the tim I wake up at )

-Have a swim ( naked )

-Eat something at my house table ( usually breakfast format )

-Walk out to buy food, supplies, and alchemy ingredients ( alchemy makes a lot of money - turns apple into 56 gold )

-Fast Travel ( because horses run slower than me, and walking always involves getting attacked by a bear .-. )

-Loot every bandit position I know on the map

-Sell all the loot to the best and closest vendor

-Have lunch, dinner

-Return home knowing tomorrow will be exactly the same, and starts playing Mass Effect

.-.

I don't role-play as seriously as some of you do, or in the same fashion as you do, but I do try to role-play. My character has amazing stamina, and never really gets hungry. When I do sleep to level up or to kill time before an appointment, I give my character a full eight hours of sleep. I mostly eat when I am carrying too much stuff and need to lighten the load. I might also eat if I see a loaf of bread, a sweet-cake, or piece of fruit that looks especially appealing. I try to never cheat, because that seems like very bad role-playing. I avoid fast travel because it seems like bad role-playing.

My main focus in role-playing is to try to only do what the character would do. I might have a mage who avoids using weapons because a real talented mage would only use spells, staves, and scrolls. I might have a barbarian who avoids cities like the plague. I look at my major skills now and then and try to figure out what I should be doing more to act like my character class.

I am very serious about alignment. My lawful good characters never do evil acts. If a quest forces them to steal something or break a law, they feel bad about it and make sure they don't hurt anyone while doing the foul deed. There are some quests they will not accept because of their alignment.

Sometimes I get a notion, and that becomes the rule I must live by. After escaping from the Imperial City Prison, I decided I needed to get far from there so the guards wouldn't arrest me. I had one character who would not drink out of blood fountains in Oblivion gates because that is gross, cannibalistic and vampirous. My vampire played like there was no possible cure for vampirism. He was very sad about the monster he had become, because he started out as a good character. He avoided going out by day. I think the vampirism engine in Oblivion is silly. You become more powerful by not feeding? You can walk around in the sun if you have fed? You can last indefinitely without feeding? I would not have made it this way. My vampire plays like walking in the sun is not an option. He has to break into stores at night to get things, but since he is a good guy, he leaves behind payment.

I try to role-play after my fashion, but I am not sure how well I succeed.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm an RPer from most walks of life, i don't focus much on my character's life but they usually become an extension of myself (if i'm playing an evil character i usually think like they would, same for good, and pick their quest responses very carefully)

Well i kinda roleplay as a hunter, i am out all day and hunting stuff in the wilderness never dungeons and stuff then when it get's dark i set up a tent and sleep until the morning.

It happends some freaky stuff when you sleep....

I found 1 dead minotaur and 2 dead trolls outside my tent once i was like: 0.o

I don't roleplay much ingame, but I create elaborate backstories for every character. Sometimes I just play the person and a story will eventually come to mind from something random that happens in the game or from the way I play the character. Sometimes I even make backstories based off of screenshots I take of my characters. But other than that, I don't roleplay. I don't have the patience to wake up at a certain time and eat every day, take baths, talk to people, etc. I mostly play just to take screenshots, so would probably roleplay more if I actually played the game instead of just running around looking for nice scenics or those new clothes I just downloaded.

Same!!