[Request] Auto Loot or Easy Loot

silverstar

I'm looking for something that would allow me to auto-loot an area of all the bits and pieces just laying around. Something like the harvesting mod for Oblivion, that would automatically pick all the plants and whatnot that you come across within a given range, and add it to your inventory.

Basically, I want it to either pick up all the unowned (non-red) items within range that are just laying about (so that I can take all those tin cans and melt them down into scrap to maintain my arsenal, for example), instead of having to click on each and every one of them. Even having it as a fallback trigger to the activate command would be good, so that when you target an object, it only interacts with that object, but activating without targeting causes you to pick up all the objects immediately around you.

It would also be -really- handy for being a Rock-It Launcher marauder, since you'll be able to sweep in and reclaim your ammunition once you're done. :)

If such a mod exists, please let me know. Otherwise... please? :)

• 9 months later...
I wouldn't. There's so much crap lying around i'd have to drop stuff every 5 seconds due to my inventory falling short. On my build I don't use the Rock-It Launcher and I always have to weed through crap.

I wouldn't. There's so much crap lying around i'd have to drop stuff every 5 seconds due to my inventory falling short. On my build I don't use the Rock-It Launcher and I always have to weed through crap.

I think if there was a selection window ......

Search for....

Weapons (On/Off)

Armor (On/Off)

Aid (On/Off)

Misc. (On/Off)

Ammo (On/Off)

an auto loot would be manageable.

• 3 years later...

well you can do "player.modav carryweight 50000" i know that Work for skyrim..not sure for fallout and FoV but i think there was a carrymore mod

or another command for increase weight issus...

but i most agree with post i have not seen a mod as auto loot that pickup all ...book, can, and whatever from corpse and so on

i think its up to ppl to sell and dump other stuff to keep weight Down

im allso tired of serach for can and such ..need it for faster gameplay

Edited by mantakno

Ah, what you want is something like this:

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/17176//?

It works wonders! It puts what the author considers to be worthless crap in a cell and puts it in a box in your player house after Power of the Atom, depending on how you resolved it (Blowed up, in Tenpenny, defused, then in Megaton House). If you have any competence at all in GECK, you can edit the script list to include any item from the base game! I RARELY get encumbrances until I'm done looting a location, and I'm roleplaying a Scavnger outfit (and am thus obligated to pick up EVERYTHING!)

But it doesn't loot containers, just stuff in the open, and to find those containers easy peasy, here's JAVM:

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/15276/?

You want this.

What we really need is an insta-cap system: a program that takes off all your non-quest items that aren't equipped and based on your barter skill, assuming no modifying factors, gives you the cash value of your stuff right there and then. I don't even know if that's possible, but it'd be worth it though.

But remember to be thorough: if it doesn't have a common base id, like any given holotape or unique weapon, I don't think there's a program that will lift it. Too tedious, and even then it wouldn't work on any mod item.