Realvision Black Borders

vnaynay

Hey there i'm having some issues running the lastest version of realvision.

I start the game up and play and im stuck with the effect on and it runs with the top and bottom black borders, i'm not exactly sure whats gone wrong here but I have a feeling I may have missed something in the INI. Files, Im currently using enbseries0.236 and i've heard that the latest version 0.250 has problems, in game shift+F12 turns the real vision effects off but gets rid of the black borders..?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Make sure your enblocal.ini has these set properly:

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false
Also check your vanilla launcher for proper aspect ratio.

Check to all of these and it still doesn't work, I forgot to mention .. I had been using the Real Vision ENB when it first came out and I had to manually extract the files into the Skyrim folder (SteamApps>Common>Skyrim) and didn't have this issue with the black borders, thing is I just noticed I still have those files there from the previous Real Vision ENB before I decided to automatically install it with NMM. Could the files be clashing? But in both enblocal.ini files ForceBorderless/Fullscreen are still both set to false.

Really stumped on this one :/

You may want to start fresh. Uninstall realvision, delete all the loose files you had added from your original realvision install, and then uninstall ENB. Verify game integrity through Steam (open steam, right click Skyrim, click properties, click local files tab, click verify game integrity button), in case you accidentally deleted any vanilla Skyrim files. Then reinstall .250 ENB binaries and make sure to backup the vanilla enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini in a safe place. Then reinstall realvision and see what happens.

You may want to start fresh. Uninstall realvision, delete all the loose files you had added from your original realvision install, and then uninstall ENB. Verify game integrity through Steam (open steam, right click Skyrim, click properties, click local files tab, click verify game integrity button), in case you accidentally deleted any vanilla Skyrim files. Then reinstall .250 ENB binaries and make sure to backup the vanilla enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini in a safe place. Then reinstall realvision and see what happens.

I followed everything you said and I have .250 ENB binaries but i'm still getting the black borders, I may just uninstall Real Vision and try a new ENB and see if i like something else better and hopefully I wont get the black borders :)

I followed everything you said and I have .250 ENB binaries but i'm still getting the black borders, I may just uninstall Real Vision and try a new ENB and see if i like something else better and hopefully I wont get the black borders :smile:

I just installed Project ENB and i'm still getting the black borders, not quite sure what else to do now, its clearly only the ENBS that are doing this and theres still something wrong in the ini. files still? When I turn them off and play Vanilla Skyrim theres no black borders.

Edited by vnaynay

(the borderless window suggestion, that's entirely something else)

For Realvision ENB, go to optional files in the download section, there is a file called "optional letterbox effect disabled". Download and copy that to where your ENB is installed and replace your current "enbeffect.fx" file.

OR

If you feel comfortable editing files, go to your ENB, open the "enbeffect.fx" file with Notepad or Notepad++. Search for (should be around the top of the file):

#define USE_LETTERBOX_EFFECT 1 
#define fLetterboxOffset  7.8 
and change them to:
// #define USE_LETTERBOX_EFFECT 1
// #define fLetterboxOffset  7.8 

This will disable the black bars.

Edited by eSoDian

(the borderless window suggestion, that's entirely something else)

For Realvision ENB, go to optional files in the download section, there is a file called "optional letterbox effect disabled". Download and copy that to where your ENB is installed and replace your current "enbeffect.fx" file.

OR

If you feel comfortable editing files, got your ENB, open the "enbeffect.fx" file with Notepad or Notepad++. Search for (should be around the top of the file):

#define USE_LETTERBOX_EFFECT 1 
#define fLetterboxOffset  7.8 
and change them to:
// #define USE_LETTERBOX_EFFECT 1
// #define fLetterboxOffset  7.8 

This will disable the black bars.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG M.I.A THANKYOU SOOOO MUCH I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU FOR THIS AHHHHH <3333333 its fixed :3 thankyou so much!