Wizardry 8

Rorinda

Personally, I loved the game. It was an excellent RPG. What it lacked in graphics, it made up for in story. And, bloody hell, could it be difficult! It most certainly wasn't a game a toddler could beat in a day, like some new games. Am I alone in my love for this game? xD No one I know has ever played it. But, then, I'm not surrounded by gamers.

Yeah, I actually have the entire series, and I love them all. However I like six through eight less than the first five.

Personally I did not really find eight all that difficult, but that was probably due to the fact that my characters had gone from six to seven, and then to eight. They were extremely powerful by the time I actually got to the Cosmic Circle, even the Dark Savant was extremely easy.

I played 8, and since I didn't have 6 & 7 to import characters from, I wound up having to use a Trainer to boost my characters just to give them a chance of surviving walking around Arnika (damned androids!). Played through most of it, and then returned to Active Duty and my saved games are gathering dust on my desktop back in the States.

Not a bad game, but the endless TPK days when I first bought the game were quite frustrating.

• 1 year later...