Hey modders!

elnalter

I've been wanting to dive into converting mods (mostly meshes and textures) from OB into FO3. I know their .nif files differ, but I wanted to ask or, actually, be pointed to some kind of tutorial that will help me convert them.

Also, I wanted to get into skinning for FO3 since the options for TYPE3 which I'm using, are so limited. So a tutorial for that would be great.

I have experience in several 3d applications, PS, etc. so don't worry about that...

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/1...-1241126806.jpg

I like the mods for OB, but I don't like the game itself very much because fantasy gets so tired for me.

I've messed around with GECK and it was surprisingly easy to go in and edit values, and place things in world. However I don't know jack about scripting.

Or how to associate something like meshes and textures with a particular .esp like adding a new race, or weapon.

Point me in the right places please!

think of nifs more as vehicles for the models and textures rather than something you can 'convert a model into'. Models are just geo, but nif files are more like little databases containing geometry, transform data, properties, texture references, materials, shader params etc. All in one file.

What kind of work are you looking to have done?

I'm sure you want more experienced hands, since I'm still trying to learn all this

is that a character you put in fallout3 or just a pic from oblivion?.

iv got this mad idea that you stumble across a vault & theres a hole comunity of creatures like humans & elfs & dwarfs & centurians ect ect. who have kept themselfs secret for thousands of years :D

since that chick looks like its in fallout3 then i was just wondering.

Nope, that's straight from the Oblivion's MU Race.

And sorry, I'm actually looking more into adding on to Diminozed Type3's mod by adding in new faces and such. I know how to skin, but getting the image file for the skin onto the the mesh would be lost on me and I was just looking for a proper tutorial on the FO3 files, and structure. For instance, importing the face mesh/texture files from an OB mod and applying it onto the type3 body, and then reskinning the skin inside the OB mod to fit the type 3 body and deal with seam issues etc.